Chapter 40: What The Fuck Moment.

Luke's POV.

I don't like going home.

I usually spend my nights at the pool house when I don't feel like going home.

Reign insists on coming with me, not to have sex but for a free peace of mind, her words not mine.

She doesn't talk to me for the entire ride there because she thinks I fucked some blonde at the party.

I don't explain myself again cause her being jealous is kind of a good look on her.

When we get to the pool house, I head straight to the cellar for some booze.

I sit on the kitchen counter and drown myself in the bottle, I consume alcohol more than one person should in a day but it relaxes me and it helps numb a lot of things.

Reign walks in, she looks at the bottle in my hand then at my face.

She taps her fingers on the counter, opening her mouth to say something but then she cuts herself off and sighs.

The drinking bothers her, I know that much but we're not exactly at that level where we try to change each other's habits and I don't think we'll ever be.

"Still pissed?" I ask, to ease the tension.

"I told you I wasn't pissed." She says, still staring at the bottle.

"You look pretty pissed to me." I chug, keeping my eyes on her.

She walks around the counter, taking the bottle from my hold and eyeing it like she's never seen a bottle of liquor before.

"Why do you drink so much?" She avoids eye contact.

"Is it just me or have I answered that question before?"

"Yeah but I feel like it's more than the fact that you can't sleep at night." She hands me the bottle and finally meets my eyes.

"Why don't you believe in love?" I ask, "I feel like there's more to it than the fact that you just don't like romcoms." I bring the bottle to my lips.

She releases a small laugh, looking to her side and shoving her hands in her back pockets.

"I guess we're both not ready to talk about it, huh?" She looks at me.

I place the bottle on the counter, snaking my arm around her waist and pulling her in-between my legs.

"Can I admit something?" I smooth her hair away from her face.

"Sure." She doesn't sound sure.

"I don't wanna share you either." I whisper, holding her chin between my thumb and forefinger. "I really don't so, new rule, no fucking with other people?" I question, more like request.

She nods.

"No, use your words."

"No fucking with other people." She says in a lazy tone.

"You do realize that you're giving me the right to punch whoever-"

"Luke, no, I'm not." She cuts in, shaking her head.

"Reign, yes, you are." I hold her closer in a possessive way.

"I need some air." She sighs defeatedly, untangling herself from my arm and heading towards the glass doors, she walks outside and slides the door shut.

I continue consuming my drink.

This is why I never thought about dating or even considered having any regular hook ups, things get complicated way too quick.