Chapter 44: Reality Sucks.

Reign's POV

"So why didn't lover boy drive you home tonight?" Asks peter as he walks me home.

By lover boy, he means Luke.

Aside from Garrett, Peter is the only person who figured us out, mostly because Luke picks me up every Wednesday night due to the fact that I hate working Wednesday nights so he tends to 'make them better' for me.

"He's at a party." I adjust the backpack strap on my left shoulder, feeling a little uncomfortable by this conversation.

"He's at a party? Without you?" That seems to be a shock to him.

"It's no ordinary party, it's a traditional party where senior cheerleaders and football players celebrate themselves and party till sunrise." I explain.

Dumb tradition by the way.

"Oh, aren't you like worried that he'll mess around with other people?" He questions.

"No, I know he won't." I respond honestly.

"Ow, so you trust him?" He playfully nudges my shoulder, I glare at him, feeling a little irritated.

"Yeah, I think so." I mumble.

I expect him to hit me with another question but he doesn't, we walk quietly on the sidewalk, the sound of dogs barking in the quiet neighborhood being the only source of noise.

"One of these days, I'm gonna need you to sit down and ask yourself the ultimate question." Peter speaks again.

I huff, "And what's that?"

"Am I falling in love with Luke Richardson?"  He says, I widen my eyes at him.

"Peter, I swear to God, if you don't shut the fuck up." I quicken my pace as I spot my house from a near distance.

"Think about it, Rei, I've known you for forever and I have never ever seen you this happy," his tone sounds serious.

"Are you complaining about my happiness?" I roll my eyes, not looking back at him.

"No, I'm telling you that you look very happy when he's around, you smile every time he stops by the shop and your eyes sparkle when you're staring at each other for no reason."

"Sparkle? That's so cringe." I scrunch my face.

"I think you should date, honestly." He drops the bomb, I halt, spinning around to face him.

"Peter? Thank you very much for your concern but Luke and I are good, okay?" I show him a smile that isn't all that genuine.

"Speak for yourself, Reign, that guy wants to date you more than he wants to play football, trust me, I've seen it on his gorgeous face." He tells me, I don't know why but my heart picks up because of those words.

"Goodnight, Peter." I say in a low tone as I turn around and continue walking home.

"Think about it!" He shouts after me but I don't respond or turn to look at him.

Does he really think about dating me?

That would explain a lot about his sudden unusual behavior, like why he calls me five times a day or how I catch him staring at me like a creep most of the time or how he now kisses me like he owns me.

My throat appears to be dry, I swallow and I wipe my sweaty hands on my sweatshirt, my body vibrating with tension.

Fuck, I asked- no, I warned him not to fall for me.

I walk into the house and I hear shouting.

Feeling confused, I slowly amble to the living room, standing in the doorway and staring back and forth between Mom and Jordan, both standing in front of each other, arguing on top of their voices.