Chapter 4: Hate is a pretty strong word.

Luke's POV.

I drive a black BMW i8 and I hate it.

I let Mason drive it everyday after school or whenever he wants to because... I hate it.

I know, a lot of kids would kill to drive a car like that but not me. A lot of expensive gifts kind of irritate me, gifts are my parent's way of buying me into forgiving them for shit that I don't even care about and this gift was a little bit too dramatic of them, people think I'm some kind of a show off and I don't like the way most people stare at me the second I step out of the damn thing.

I don't know where Mason is driving us right now but it's definitely not his or Garrett's house and he wouldn't dare drive to my place.

I'm not even gonna ask.

I pull out my phone to find a text from Ari.

"You better get Rei a gift this year." It reads.

I huff.

"Why?" I reply.

"Because she always gets you a gift, fool." I can almost hear her voice as she types this.

I hate how she always makes a big deal out of our birthday.

"She got me a pocket knife last year and a lighter the other year, her gifts are more like threats." I shake my head at the memory.

"And you still kept them, stop bickering with me and just get her something, a sword will be better than nothing."

"Hair dye. What a perfect gift that would be,"

"Don't be a dick, Rei's hair is hot and you wish you could have your fingers in those pink locks."

I can't help but laugh at her response.

Reign wishes.

"Which lucky blonde are you texting now?" Garrett questions from the front, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"A brunette, actually," I respond but make no mistake of mentioning that the brunette is actually his girlfriend.

He gets jealous and acts like an asshole when it comes to Ari, he literally slammed a beer bottle against a certain guy's skull when the guy dared to kiss Ariana at some party last summer. FYI, they were broken up at the time.

"Shocker," Mason responds to my previous statement.

"Where is Ari?" I ask Garrett from the backseat.

"She drove Rei home." He responds.

"Miller always takes the bus," I say.

"It took power to convince her that stepping into a friend's car isn't illegal but we succeeded," Garrett chuckles.

I narrow my eyes when I look out the window and notice that we've driven to the other side of town, the side that would most likely get us in deep shit since we're still in our football jackets and everything.

"Mason, what the hell are we doing here?" I finally ask him.

"Dude, you didn't tell him?" Garrett questions Mason in a low tone.

"Like he gives a shit about what happens to Rei, I didn't want to waste my breath." Mason responds to Garrett.

"Uh, fuck you, waste your breath on what exactly?" I question, Garrett turns to look at me.

"Okay so you know that douche Andy Grad? The one that was trying to hit on Rei at Shake n' Sip?" He asks.

"Yeah, I remember him," I answer, mostly remembering how annoyed I was by his presence.