Chapter 43: Jealous.

Reign's POV.

I spend most Monday nights studying because I have nothing better to do but I don't really feel like studying tonight so I play music and I sing along, turning my phone into a microphone and pretending my voice isn't so awful.

I sing to Miley Cyrus's Midnight on top of my voice till my lungs run out of air.

My phone rings in my hand, interrupting my amazing singing.

It's Garrett, he's the interrupter.

I decide not to answer cause Garrett never calls me, he's probably bored and wants to tease me about the whole me fucking Luke thing.

I decide to shoot him a text instead.

"Fuck off."

"Pick up, asshole, it's important."

I roll my eyes, not responding.

I continue singing but then I hear something tap my window, I turn on my chair and furrow my brows at the window.

I hear another clatter, a rock maybe?

He fucking wouldn't.

I fly out of my seat and rush to my window, sliding it open and peeking my head out.

I look down and I spot Garrett and Mason whispering to each other, they both look up and wave at me.

"Yo, let's go!" Garrett whisper shouts, tilting his head to a certain direction.

"Where?!"

"There's a race at the valley, everyone's going." Says Mason.

It's really late but I've never been to the valley, I've only ever heard of it.

Fuck it.

I quickly strip out of my pajamas, putting on a pair of denim jeans and a black hoodie, I fish out my sneakers from underneath my bed, slipping into them and grabbing my phone from my desk.

I switch off the lamp before sneaking out of the house through my bedroom window, easily climbing down and adjusting my hoodie once I'm down.

"A race on Monday?" I ask suspiciously.

"What are you, complaining?" Garrett half laughs as he starts walking backwards.

"Stop complaining." Mason wraps his arm around my shoulder, crashing me into him and ruffling my hair.

We walk to Garrett's car and I notice two other people sitting in the back, laughing and chatting.

Garrett takes the driver's seat while Mason gets on the passenger's side, I sigh before opening the back door and getting in and joining these two people.

It's Luke and Ariana.

There's plenty of space in the back but for some reason, she's sitting on his lap and they are whispering to each other, barely acknowledging the rest of us as they share a bottle of Hennessy.

I try to concentrate on what Mason and Garrett are talking about during the drive but I always end up glancing at them.

Here's the thing, Luke and Ariana have been touchy with each other since freshman year, it's normal and no one ever thinks anything of it, not even Garrett, same thing applies to me and Mason, we hold hands, we kiss each other's cheeks and we've shared a bed more than I can count but those things only make him my best friend.

I guess that's what Luke thinks of Ariana.

Then why am I feeling like screaming or punching the back of the seat in front of me or going back home and calling it a night.