Chapter 38: Soft And Tender.

Two weeks later.

Reign's POV.

I don't like outdoor cinemas, I feel like they were created for couples or people who are about to become a couple.

Teens in this town love outdoor cinemas because that's where all the good stuff happens. I'm only here because Ariana begged me to come, she hasn't gotten back with Garrett yet so she doesn't have anyone to hangout with.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope they get back together soon, I can't do this anymore.

We're standing by the concession stand, she's flirting with the cute concessionaire while drinking a smoothie, I'm playing candy crush on my phone and blocking out their disturbing conversation.

I don't know what movie we're seeing but I know it's a romcom, Ari lives for that shit.

I sigh.

Shoving my phone in my jacket pocket and surveying the place.

It looks like everyone is having a picnic at the park but at night and in front of a big screen.

At the end of the day, they're all just here for the wrong reasons.

I can't help but wonder if Luke is going to show up and turn this nightmare into our daily routine.

He and I have been fucking endlessly since we sealed the deal.

Don't judge me, I'm learning about my sexual desires and Luke is more than willing to explore with me.

And It's going pretty good so far, I think the best part is that our friends have no idea about it, except for Garrett but he's tight lipped.

"See you later, handsome." She winks at the boy.

"Later, beautiful." He responds as she entwines her arm with mine and we walk away from the concession stand.

I stick two fingers in my mouth and I gag, she nudges me playfully.

"He was cute, Rei, I had to." She explains herself.

"You have to get back with Garrett." I tell her.

"Oh, c'mon, I'm having fun with my single self, what's wrong with that?" She asks as we continue strolling through people seated on picnic blankets as the trailer of the movie starts playing.

"You're taking it a little bit too far." I narrow my eyes at the two shirtless guys sitting on our blanket.

"Am I?" She challenges, I send her a playful glare.

The two shirtless guys identify as Luke and Damien.

Of course.

"Lukey!" Ariana literally jump-lands on him so hard he falls back with her.

"You have got to get back with Garrett." He grunts, I smile, kneeling beside Damien.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" Ari whines, getting off of him, they both sit up.

Luke looks at me and sends a nod in greeting, smiling, I squint my eyes at him, shaking my head and shifting my gaze to Damien who's already looking at me.

"What?" I question.

"Do you know about that teacher that's fucked everyone on the football team?" He asks the weirdest thing.

I guess he's talking about Miss Dawson, AKA Miss gorgeous.

"I've heard things but rumors can never be trusted." I lift a shoulder.