Chapter 49: Boyfriend.

Reign's POV.

Waking up next to someone you care about is the best part, especially if they're already awake and staring at you like you're a cute sleeping child.

This is the third time I'm waking up to Luke watching me sleep. I called him a freak the first time, I asked him why the second time but today? today I just smile.

He smiles back but the smile doesn't reach his eyes.

I know a lot of worries hide behind that smile.

I sit up, rubbing sleep out of my eyes and blinking down at him.

"What's wrong?" My sleepy tone sounds dry.

"Nothing," he tugs on the t-shirt I'm wearing, "I just never thought you and I would end up like this." He smooths his hand on my arm.

"Life is unpredictable." I shrug, nodding.

He moves to sit on the edge of my bed, resting his elbows on his knees, his fingers digging into his hair.

I wrap my arms around him from behind.

When I was starting this school year, I sat down and I predicted my last remaining days in highschool, I made big plans for myself and those plans did not include dating or hooking up with Luke Richardson.

I now realize that I was angry at the world for my mere existence and for everything else in it but this right here, me waking up next to someone I care about more than myself and also knowing that Daniel Miller is an innocent man, this is everything I've ever wanted out of the world.

"What's really wrong?" I press my lips against his shoulder.

"My grandfather left his entire life's work in my name." He answers, sighing.

I freeze.

"Oh. Sorry for your loss." I say.

"No," he laughs, "He died when I was thirteen." He looks at me over his shoulder.

"Oh." I feel stupid.

"He left everything in my name and I don't know why and my father didn't even tell me about it." He says.

"Geez." I wrinkle my face.

"Yeah, the worst part is I don't even know what I'm gonna do with sixty-five million dollars." He complains, I choke on air.

"He left you sixty-five million dollars?!" I shout, widening my eyes at him.

"Among other things, yeah." He nods like it's nothing.

It's not nothing, it's sixty-five million dollars.

"I swear some people were born with stupid luck." I mutter underneath my tone, "Well for starters, you don't have to relay on your Dad anymore, you can literally start your own empire with that kind of money." I say, he nods thoughtfully.

"I gotta go." He starts putting on his shoes.

He stands and stares down at me, bringing his hand to my chin, his thumb ghosting over my lips.

I smile.

Weirdo.

"See you at school?" I push his hand away, he smiles.

"Sure." He bends over to kiss me, I quickly cover my mouth with my palm.

His eyes turn curious.

"Morning breath." I speak into my hand, he rolls his eyes.

"God, you're so dramatic sometimes," he removes my hand and pecks my lips, my cheek, my chin, my throat, the length of my neck.

"Stop." I shove him playfully.