Chapter 42: The Date.

Reign's POV.

I'm nervous.

Why am I nervous?

It's just Luke.

I practically grew up with Luke and we used to fight all the time.

But now we don't.

Now I'm going out with Luke to a restaurant full of people and we're gonna eat and talk about God knows what.

I move to stand in front of my bedroom mirror, eyeing my red off shoulder floral dress and black pumps.

I look simple.

Simple is good since this isn't a date.

I smooth my hands over my straightened pink hair, sighing.

I hear the doorbell ring and I freeze.

Is he actually capable of walking up to my front door and ringing the doorbell?

It's Luke, of course he is.

Damnit!

I rush out of my room, "I'll get it!" I descend the stairs.

I spot Jordan at the landing, on her way to get the door. She looks up at me and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Someone looks nice, where are you headed?" She asks, I walk right passed her to get the door without giving her a response.

I pull the door open, Luke stands before me in a black suit.

I snort a laugh, covering my mouth in order to muffle my laugh.

"What?" He looks down at his appearance.

"Dude, we said this wasn't a date." I giggle.

He looks at me but then his gaze drifts behind me to where my sister is still standing.

"Hey," he waves at her.

"Hi." She responds.

"Shall we?" I step out of the house, closing the door behind me, Luke stares at me then at the door.

I know he has questions about Jordan cause this is the first time he's seen her, I've never talked about her with them, or any of my family members for that matter.

He opens the passenger side door for me, I roll my eyes at him but get in.

He goes around the car and joins me, he looks at my dress and smiles.

"You look nice,"

"Thanks,"

He starts the car.

I never cared about compliments before, but compliments from this guy hit differently, they get to me.

"Where are we going again?" I ask.

"A restaurant. My sister helped me pick it out." He says.

"I hope it's not a fancy restaurant," I say, looking out the window. "Fancy restaurants are insulting."

"Uh, no, it's not a fancy restaurant." He's clearly lying.

"Really? It's not?" I squint my eyes at him suspiciously.

"Nope." He pulls out his phone and dials a number, pressing his phone against his ear, I raise my brows. "Hey, me again, uh, change of plans, I'd like to cancel my reservation."

I burst out laughing.

He drops his phone from his ear and stares at me still laughing at him, he shakes his head, smiling.