Chapter 50: Girlfriend.

Luke's POV.

The whole dating thing made me wonder which college Reign was going to.

So she's going to CAU in Los Angeles and I'm going to Boston university in Boston.

Distance relationship.

It's gonna suck but you know what? I'm gonna fucking transfer to CAU, my Mom has the power to make that happen in a snap of two fingers but I definitely do not have the power to convince her to do it.

I'll die trying.

Anyway... after Ariana kissed me, Garrett hasn't been able to look me in the eye and Mason has been forcing us to hang out and talk it over but some things can never be overlooked, plus, Ariana never apologized to me or Reign.

We all went our separate ways in a flash.

But at least I still have Reign, I never imagined that she'd turn out to be the friend that stays.

Strange world, huh?

I'm in the middle of football practice but I can't wait for it to be over, Reign and I are going to see final destination at the local theater, she made a big deal out of it, demanding that I better be done with practice before she walks out of detention.

She got detention for texting me in class.

Amateur.

Coach finally blows the whistle and I fall flat on the grass, feeling relived.

Mason stands over me wearing a cap which makes him look like a baseball player.

"Hey, man, a few of us are having this bonfire thing at the lake, you wanna join?" He kicks my leg.

"Reign and I are going to see a horror movie." I respond, he nods in understanding.

I know Mason hates this, he hates that relationships ruined our friendship and I know he feels left out and alone because I remember him saying we were the only real family he had.

But here's the thing, never put your heart in other people's hands, they'll drop it every time.

"But..." I stand up, "I will keep this hat." I snatch his hat, wearing it backwards.

"It looks better on you anyway." He forces a smile, I punch his shoulder in order to get a real reaction from him, he looks at his shoulder then at me, "Don't start." He warns, I do it again but a little harder this time, he wraps his arm around my neck and holds my head captive on his bend elbow.

"If you kill me, Reign is gonna torch you alive." I say breathlessly, trying to escape his grip.

"Or... She's gonna help me get rid of your body." He responds, then he suddenly stills and releases me, staring at someone, I follow his gaze and it lands on Ariana, making her way towards us.

Fuck me.

"Hey, guys." She greets when she reaches us.

"Hey, guys?" Mason asks her in disbelief, "Wow." He starts walking away, I try to follow him but she stands in front of me, stopping me.

"We have to talk." She says nervously.

"About?" I look elsewhere.

"Garrett. He's not talking to me, I know that always happens but it feels very serious this time." Her tone breaks.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you apologize for the shit you pulled." My jaw flexes in anger and I glare down at her.

She faces her shoes, almost like she can't look at me, "I'm sorry, Luke, I really am, what I did was unforgivable and I deserve to go to hell."