Chapter 41: Anger And Hunger.

Reign's POV.

The sun peaking through the windows, warm white sheets wrapped around my body, soft comfortable pillow underneath my head.

Yeah, this is the life.

I twist my head to look at Luke.

The space is empty, he's not here.

He really does have trouble sleeping, hence why he gets up early.

He and I had the longest conversation last night. I don't think I've ever laughed that much or stayed up that late just talking to someone.

It was nice.

We didn't even have sex, we just made out and then I fell asleep, with his arms wrapped around me.

More like we....cuddled.

Shit.

Gross, Reign, never again.

I get out of bed, stretching my arms and striding into the bathroom, I brush my teeth with his toothbrush because sometimes I have no boundaries.

After singing a Bruno Mars song to my reflection in the mirror, I descend the stairs and smell something good.

There's just no way he cooks.

I stand in the kitchen doorway and... he's cooking.

The bottle of wine on the counter doesn't go unnoticed but like always I don't say anything about it.

"So you're rich, good looking, athletic and you cook?" I count with my fingers as I amble towards him.

"Did you just compliment me?" He grins, watching me near him.

"Pff, no!" I roll my eyes, standing beside him and looking at all the food he made, his hand cocoons the back of my neck and he kisses me, slow, soft, sweet, brief.

"Morning." He says it like it's normal, like it's what we do now.

It's really not but it was still kinda nice.

Ugh! This fucking guy, he's ruining everything I stand for.

"Morning." I try not to sound bothered by it.

"And to answer your question, I cook when I don't know what to do with myself." He answers my previous question.

"Who even buys this food?" I ask, staring at all the food.

"My mom has this place cleaned and stacked up every week." He responds.

"Does she know that you crash here often?" I ask.

"She knows but she pretends not to." He says, his eyes not meeting mine.

It bothers him.

Why does it bother him? I'd be thrilled.

I sit on top of the counter, wondering if I should ask why it bothers him.

He stuffs his mouth with grapes while I keep on staring at him, he looks at me with narrowed eyes then he picks up a grape and brings it to my mouth, I hold it between my teeth, he smiles, griping my jaw and leaning over to bite the other half of the grape, our teeth clash and our lips touch.

He pulls away, his eyes still glued to my lips.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" He asks, staring at my mouth, I shake my head no.

It's Saturday which means my Mom and sister are home. I don't like sitting around them and pretending that we're a perfect family so I'd rather stay here with Luke.