Chapter 35: Sorry Ass Crush.

Luke's POV.

I made a deal with my mom.

I'd attend my father's stupid Ball if she'd let me bring my friends but I thought about it and I concluded that my father still doesn't deserve my support.

I mean, I've never had his.

The Ball was scheduled for Saturday night, I got out of the house in the morning before anyone was up and I left in a hurry.

Garrett's parents are out of town for the weekend again and he wants to get over Ariana by doing something fun, Mason brings twelve pack of beer and snacks and we spend the whole day playing video games and eating fast food.

Garrett's house has a basketball court in their back yard, we go there in the evening and play basketball while my Mom keeps ringing my phone.

I get ahold of the ball, tossing it into the net, I score for the... tenth time?

"How am I so fucking good at this?" I wipe sweat from my forehead with my t-shirt, Garrett collapses on the ground, giving up while Mason places his hands on his knees and catches his breath.

"Basketball is a shitty game." Says Mason, I laugh.

"People who play basketball probably say the same about football." I say.

"My Dad." Garrett mumbles from the ground.

"How are you on the football team if your Dad hates football." Mason question him.

"Because he's not a control freak like most Dads, also because he lets me pick stuff that I want." He sits up, resting his arms on his bent knees.

"Cool Dad." I look at Mason, Mason nods.

"Thanks?" Garrett chuckles at us.

We go silent when we hear voices coming from inside the house.

"Speaking of, I think your parents are home." I inform him, pointing at the house.

"That's weird, they told me they weren't gonna be back till Monday morning." He gets up from the ground.

"Oh, it's probably just Reign and Ariana." Says Mason in a dismissive tone as he stands up straight, Garrett and I turn our heads to look at him.

"What do you mean, Reign and Ariana." Garrett seethes.

"I mean Reign and Ariana." Mason shrugs.

"What the fuck dude, you invited them?" I whisper shout.

"Yeah?" He narrows his eyes at me.

"Why the hell would you invite them?" Garrett steps closer to Mason, keeping his voice down.

"Because when have we ever done something like this without them?" He questions, looking clueless.

"Since I broke up with Ariana and you told me to move on, also since we called this a boys night?" Says Garrett, I wrinkle my nose at the last part.

"We actually did not call it that but you literally would have invited any other girls." I say to Mason.

It's not like I don't want Reign to be here, I just want to figure out why I'm suddenly feeling all weird around her and thinking about her every five seconds. Spending a night in the same house as her isn't going to help.

"Well, shit, sorry, I didn't know it was getting personal." He does sound regretful.

He should be.

"Hey, asshole! what's your wifi password?" Reign walks towards us with her phone in hand.