Chapter 46: Hurts, Doesn't It?

Reign's POV.

Luke didn't show up for school on Thursday and Friday.

Mason, Garrett and Ariana were at Shake 'n Sip on Saturday and I was waiting for his car to pull up and join them but it never did.

I keep expecting a call or text from him but nothing, I even stalked his Instagram but he hasn't posted anything since Tuesday.

He just disappeared.

It's Sunday night and I've decided to hangout with Garrett and Mason, just in case Luke shows up.

It's not that I want to take him back or anything, I just want to know if he's okay.

These guys say his phone has been off since Thursday night so even they don't know if he's okay.

My phone buzzes in my hoodie pocket, I quickly pull it out thinking it's Luke.

It's a text from Ariana.

I sigh.

"SOS!!"

I roll my eyes, she does this every time she's tired of partying, like girl, call an Uber or something.

"Where's Ariana?" I ask Garrett and Mason from the backseat.

"At a party." Mason responds.

"She's crying out for help." I stare at the screen.

"What kind of help?" Asks Garrett.

"SOS? Yeah, she sent it to everyone but we're not responding," Says Mason, I nod my head in agreement, slipping my phone back in my pocket.

I look out the window, staring at the unfamiliar neighborhood.

I don't even know where we're going, I'm a little afraid to ask but I have high hopes that I'm gonna see Luke tonight, I have to see him.

I face the front again, narrowing my eyes at Garrett who's driving and texting.

"Dude, don't text and drive." I slouch forward to snatch his phone.

"Sorry, Mom." His sarcastic tone remarks, Mason chuckles.

I lean back in the seat, peeping on his phone.

Luke.

He was texting Luke.

My heart picks up as I scroll through the conversation without really reading anything.

"Where is he?" I ask before I can stop myself, he looks at me through the rearview with a smirk.

"At the same party."

"Why was he being a ghost for the past three days?" I question.

"He didn't say." He sighs, my insides flip and I feel uneasy.

"We're going to the party, right?" I put his phone on the console, he and Mason exchange a look.

"No." They say in union.

"What about Ariana? Her call for help might be legit." I say, sounding all serious.

"Ariana? Really?" Garrett calls bullshit.

"If anything bad happens to her, it's on you guys." I point out, hoping they change their minds.

And also cause Ariana might actually be in real bad shit this time.

"Okay, fine, let's go to the stupid party." Mason gives in, I plaster a successful smile as Garrett does a quick U-turn.

We drive to the party, listening to Garrett's awful music but I spend the entire ride thinking about Luke and the last conversation we had and then I think about all the conversations we've had since the day we met.