2

PARI'S POV
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The throbbing sensation in my head worsened, I closed my eyes and lightly massaged my temple. I hate taxi rides. They always leave me with an aching head.

Maasi was humming a tune while looking outside the window.

What is she looking at?

I wondered.

Earbuds were stuck in my ears and I didn't even look for once at the window. The music ringing in my ears were providing me the much needed comfort.

However, seeing her looking outside with utmost curiosity I decided to steal a glance.

The view which came in my sight was something I never expected.

Our taxi was going on a smooth road. Huge lush green valleys were on the other side of the road, and beautiful houses were on the other side.

I have been living here since three years but I never saw this road before.

I cursed myself for being so careless. I was so annoyed that I didn't even ask Maasi where we are going.

"Where are we?" I asked still mesmerised by the beauty of nature.

"Kangra" she answered with a smile.

My lips formed into an O. I have definitely heard about Kangra and the beauty of this place.

I placed my head on the glass and started enjoying the beautiful view. If I had knew this before, then I would have showed some enthusiasm before.

Although, we were going to visit her friend yesterday only but because of the bad weather, we skipped the plan.

The boring and head aching journey became beautiful and serene.

.
.
.
.
.

"Pari...Pari" I shut my eyes more tightly on feeling someone shaking my shoulder.

Slightly opening my eyes, I looked at the intruder. Maasi was looking at me with the same smile on her face.

"We have reached" she said gesturing outside the window.

We opened the door and came out of the taxi.

A shiver ran down my spine as the cold wind hit my body.

The thumping of my heart became loud. I fisted the hem of my kurti and curled my toes. The shiver in my body was not because of the wind.

Before me, stood a huge mansion.

The flashbacks of my past blurred my vision, making me take steps back.

"Pari, are you okay?" Maasi held me and queried in a panick voice.

"Y-yeah" I managed to murmur.

I hate mansions especially after tha...

I stopped my thoughts before they could go any further.

"This place is safe" she said squeezing my shoulder assuringly.

I looked at her with moist eyes. Somehow, her words managed to control my tears from flowing down my eyes.

I nodded at her and again looked at the mansion.

This time with a different feeling.

It was beautiful.

Unlike the one I was comparing it to.

Soon, my fear faded and the view became more enticing. A beautiful garden welcomed us when we passed the main gate.