41

AUTHOR'S POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I will be downstairs." She mumbled shifting her gaze between her husband and her sister in law.

Agastya nodded lightly and his wife went outside leaving him all alone with his sister.

"An...

His words died down in his throat as his sister ran in his direction and in a second, hugged him tightly. Her body shook with sobs making him feel worse.

No matter how angry or hurt he is, he can never see his sister bawling her eyes out. He hates her tears and her sobs.

They just make him feel worthless and like a failure.

"Anaya, shhh..." he cooed in her ear while rubbing her back in a soothing manner.

She was holding him tightly and had buried her face in his chest.

"I....I a-am...so-orr-ry...bh-hai." She hiccuped.

She was feeling so embarassed, ashamed and angry at herself. How could she use such words? How could she hurt him? The man who gave her everything before she could even ask for it.

Her brother. Her father.

She realised, she didn't only misbehave but she has hurt him deeply as well. She has wounded him through her words. She tried to scratch that old wound by taking their late sister's name.

What was his fault in all these? Just that he stopped her from doing something stupid?

She also realised she was being a fool. A love sick puppy who was ready to follow her lover's each and every order.

"Stop crying, Anaya!" Agastya softly spoke caressing her hair.

"Just s-slap m-me." She said raising her eyes to meet his tired ones. "I will feel better." She whispered making him chuckle lowly.

"I can't do that." He stated wiping her damp cheeks using his palms.

"I deserve it. How could I talk to you like that? Oh God! I was so fucking wrong to utter all these nonsense." She spoke in a single breath.

"Please forgive me, Bhai." She pleaded folding her hands before him.

"Are you mad?" He quickly held her joined hands and kissed them.

Fresh set of tears formed in her eyes feeling more guilty.

She wanted to beat herself curse herself for uttering nonsense in anger. Anger is the only emotion which doesn't let people think what will be the consequence of their vile words.

That's why wise people say don't open your mouth when you are angry. As we all know, the spoken words can never be taken aback by any means.

Choose your words wisely, especially in front of your loved ones.

"First you need to tell me what has happened? Just tell me if Sameer did anything." Anger laced his voice as he asked cupping her cheeks.

Making her sit on the bed, he handed her a glass of water.

Taking big gulps, she looked at him with guilt filled eyes. Along with guilt, her eyes held uncertainty as well. A kind of hesitation.

She narrated him the whole story. Anaya didn't know how to say this to her brother. Since childhood only, she can tell anything to him in anger but when it comes to matter of hearts, she feels strange and scared.

She wanted to tell him how badly she was suffering right now because of the love of her life.

"Don't worry. I will talk to him." Agastya spoke after staying silent for a while.