22

AUTHOR'S POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The streets were twinkling with fairy lights. The familiar smell of Christmas was all over the mall road. It was ten past nine but the street was very much crowded.

Unlike other nights, people were still roaming and shopping. The cafes were filled with tourists and locals.

She smiled adjusting the red woven cap on her head. The city was looking so lively and beautiful tonight. After so many months, she was wandering in the mall road at this time of the night.

Agastya came and stood beside her after parking his car. He too was not expecting the crowd.

"Let's go." He said placing his hand on her waist and led her towards an ice cream parlour.

The bell jingled as he pushed the door. The sweet aroma of desserts filled her nostrils. The ice cream parlour was not too large or too small. The interior and decorations inside the parlour were beautiful and captivating.

She realised, she had never been here before.

They both settled on the corner as only that side was vacant. Two chairs and a medium sized table were placed at every corner.

"Choose." He said giving her the menu.

She took the menu and started going through the varities and flavours. Her heart was literally jumping in excitement reading the flavours they serve here.

"Ummm..." She bit her lip while pondering deeply.

He noticed her move and let his gaze stay there for a while. Her pink plum lips were under her teeth.

He wanted to free her soft petals and rub his thumb on it.

Agastya quickly shook his head and tried to divert his mind elsewhere. These dirty thoughts will surely kill him one day.

"Hey, Pari!"

They both looked towards the direction from where the voice came.

A tall young man clad in blue leather jacket and jeans was smiling at her widely.

"Kush!!!" Pari said excitedly.

He is her college mate. They both were in the same batch and shared a nice bonding but after graduation, he went to the USA and slowly slowly they lost contact.

He walked towards where Agastya and Pari were sitting.

"Long time haa." He said taking her in a friendly hug.

Pari was taken aback by his hug, nevertheless she returned it a bit awkwardly.

"How are you?" She asked breaking the hug.

"I am good. You? And who is he?" He asked looking at her husband.

Agastya forced a smile getting off the chair to greet the annoying man. The whole time he was eyeing them with narrowed eyes.

He didn't like the way he hugged her wife.

"Kush, he is my husband Agastya Singhania and Agastya, he is Kush Verma, my batch mate." Pari introduced with a smile.

"Oh you got married? Wow...I mean congrats." Kush reacted in a quite shocked way.

He quickly shook hands with Agastya and wished him as well to which Agastya just smiled.

"When did you return?" Pari asked.

"Two days ago and I was about to suprise you tomorrow but you suprised me only." Kush replied with a chuckle.