16

AUTHOR'S POV
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The grand hall was decorated with numerous flowers and lights. A big chandelier was dangling off the ceiling. Chairs were arranged neatly for the guests while a special sofa for the bride has been arranged on the big stage.

She giggled as her friend rubbed the haldi on her arms and legs. Her whole face was covered with the yellow paste.

"That's enough, Shree." She complained covering her face using her palms.

"Fine." Shree huffed before kissing her head.

The ladies and gents came one by one to apply haldi to the bride while showering blessings on her.

"I am gonna send this to him." Shree stated showing her phone to her friend.

After a hectic function, they both were resting in Pari's room.

Pari's cheeks reddened on seeing her pic and thinking about Agastya seeing the same.

She was laughing freely in the pic. Her head was thrown back while her eyes were closed. Her hands were up in the air as she probably was trying to cover her face from the haldi attack.

She was doned in a yellow kurti and yellow plazzo.

"I will kill you." Pari glared trying to snatch the phone from Shree's hand.

"Ahaaa..I am going to send it for sure." Shree said mischievously.

Pari opened her mouth to protest but her late mother's cousin came in her room, gaining all her attention.

Shree quickly ran away showing her tongue to Pari.

"Pari, see what I have got for you." The older woman said with so much love that it melted Pari's heart.

Pari loves her. Firstly because she is the oldest among her late mother's cousin and secondly, she treats Pari like her own daughter since childhood only.

She loves her mother's side family. They all are very loving and caring. That's why she invited that side of her family only.

"This is so beautiful!" Pari exclaimed looking at the golden pendant.

Durga Maa's idol was engraved on the small gold pendant dangling off a long golden chain.

"This pendant will protect you from all the evil eyes. I wish you a very happy married life." The older woman said cupping Pari's cheeks.

"Thank you, Gurmeet Maasi." Pari hugged the lady affectionately.

The lady exited her room after sometime leaving Pari all alone. She looked at the pendant and touched it with her forehead while closing her eyes.

Her lips mumbled a small prayer....

.
.
.
.

A groan erupted his throat as he looked at himself in the mirror. His whole face was yellow. Not only the face but his whole body was covered with turmeric paste.

He quickly discarded his clothes, which consisted of a lemon coloured kurta and white pyajama.

After rubbing his body and face for about twenty minutes, he finally came out of the washroom.

The pinging of his phone caught his attention as he was busy drying his damp hair.

His gaze roamed around the room to find his phone which was casually lying on the bed. He frowned looking at the notifications.

2 messages from Shree (Pari's friend)..

An amusing smile made it's way to his lips as he clicked on the first picture she has sent.