57

Happy Mahashivratri and a very Happy Women's day to all of you ❤️

                    AUTHOR'S POV
                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UNEDITED...

"Pl-lea-ase...don't hu-urt him." The woman begged joining her hands before him.

He paid no heed to the woman who was of his mother's age. His eyes were fixed on the shivering figure of a man who was looking at him with anger and pain.

"Where is my daughter?" Anuj asked.

"Bhaisaab..."

Malti ran to hold him as he lost his balance due to the weakness. She was terrified already of this man whom her niece loves. She had seen his photos but never imagined he would turn out to be a monster.

"Getting worried for her? Hmm..." The calmness in his tone was even more scarier than his presence.

He sat on the sofa and placed his left leg on his right thigh. His eyes were roaming around the hall, watching each and everything keenly.

"Atleast give some respect to this uniform that you are wearing. This man has done something to my daughter and you all are standing here quietly?" Anuj's voice raised as he questioned the three policemen who were standing like a statue.

"Don't try to act smart. We know what you did." One of them spoke glaring at him.

Malti's heart was trembling in fear thinking about Pari. It's been two hours since she went missing. She was not even picking up her calls.

Firstly, she thought she would go and search for her without letting Anuj know about this but the arrival of Shourya ruined everything.

"I DID NOTHING TO YOUR SISTER!"

Anuj shouted in frustration as angry tears left his eyes. He was tired. He was tired of all the accusations. The society was accusing him for a crime he would never even dream of let alone commuting it.

"Ple-ea-ase...believe me. Adhy--

"PLEASE NOOOOO"

Before Anuj could complete his sentence, Shourya grabbed his collars. Malti's heartbeat dropped in fear seeing the fury in his eyes. He was glaring at the old man with pure resentment.

"Utter her name and your daughter will meet the same fate as hers."

Anuj's soul quivered hearing his words. The thought alone clenched his heart painfully making him helpless in front of him.

Shourya pushed him making him fall on the floor. A cry left Malti's mouth and she quickly bent down to help him.

After making him sit on the sofa, she turned her teary gaze towards Shourya.

"You are a monster. My daughter loved you so much and that's how you are paying her? This man did nothing to your sister." She gritted pointing a finger at him.

Shourya's jaw clenched but he somehow controlled his anger.

"Rather than punishing an innocent, you should try to find the real culprit. He is still out there."

A police man gulped hearing her words and looked at his fellow officers.

"We did the investigation and found the culprit as well. Ask your brother, what was he doing there at the crime scene? His shirt was painted in red and we found sperm samples on the victim's body."

A bitter chuckle left Anuj's mouth. He very well knew why the police officers were saying this. Indeed, money speaks louder than humans.

He stood on his feet and walked towards Shourya. Now, they both were standing face to face.