18

PARI'S POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I scratched my head looking at the pan. I needed to make something sweet but I don't even know to make anything other than Maggi.

Maa just asked me to not enter in the kitchen just a day after my marriage but here I was, stuck because of my own foolishness.

I told her..no I requested her to let me enter as I wanted to make something for everyone. Also, to experience my first Rasoi.

I quickly opened the YouTube on my phone and searched for the recipe of kheer.

(A sweet dish made up of rice, milk and sugar).

"Do you need some help, Beta." The old woman asked bowing in front of me.

Heena Aunty, she is the cook of this mansion and is eldest among the staff members.

"No, Aunty and please never bow in front of me." I said.

A hesitant smile appeared on her wrinkled face as she slowly nodded. She seemed a kind lady with a fragile body and height smaller than mine.

Aunty left me alone in the kitchen after asking me few more times if I need any help. Even Maa was adamant to help me but I requested her and Anaya to let me cook something on my own.

His cousins and his aunts left after the breakfast also Aman and Disha had their final semester exams.

Yuvan had his exams as well so he left early for the school. I was already missing him terribly.

Following the instructions, I rinsed the rice and let it soak for few minutes and put milk in a pan. After that I added the soaked rice in the boiling milk and let it cook in low flame while stirring it occassionally to prevent burning.

Then added sugar and cardamon.
After an hour, the kheer was ready. I cut some dry fruits and garnished the sweet dish with them.

Smells nice.

I loved the sweet aroma and my mouth suddenly watered seeing the creamy texture.

I hope they will like it.

I prayed silently.

.
.
.
.

"Oh wow!" My eyes shone and the nervousness faded a bit hearing Maa's words.

She took another spoonful and hummed in delight.

"This is delicious bhabhi." Anaya exclaimed much to my suprise.

I couldn't believe my ears and my eyes. They were actually enjoying the kheer.

"True. This is so tasty." Maa said with a big smile on her face.

I sighed in relief feeling contend at their remarks. The only thing which scares me to the core, at the same time piques my interest is cooking.

It's such a shame that I never tried making kheer in my home, for my Maasi.

"Thank you." I smiled gratefully.

"Here, this is for your first Rasoi." Maa handed me a small brown velvet box.

I bent to touch her feet and she hugged me showering blessings on me.

"Open it." Anaya said excitedly.

A beautiful pair of diamond hoop earings was inside the box. They were lovely and graceful.

"Did you like it?" Maa asked.

"Yes, I love it." I replied with a small smile on my lips.

"I am glad." She said caressing my head. "I will be back." She said before going to her room.