4

PARI'S POV
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cold breeze fanned her soft cheeks, turning them a dark shade of crimson. She was feeling happy and relieved.

She was feeling grateful as well. She didn't had to face him as he had already left for his work. The fear he has instilled on her in just few minutes is still making her shiver.

The intensity of his eyes, she can never forget that.

"Are you hungry?" Pari turned to face her Maasi.

"No. Are you?" She asked back.

"I am good" Malti replied before leaning back on the seat.

Pari was feeling a different kind of happiness today. The day itself brought so much positivity and joy.

The moment they left for their house, she got an email regarding the hype in her salary. Also, her students called her today and thanked her for teaching them so well as their exams are near and they are not afraid at all.

Although, she is but seeing her students' strong will and their preparation she is confident as well.

The vibration of her phone caught her attention as she looked down at her lap. A smile appeared on her lips and she quickly answered the call.

"Someone got early today" she commented, mischievously.

"Haha. Very funny" Shree's voice came from the other end. "How are you doing? Are you still in Kangra?" She further asked.

Pari has told her about going to Kangra and staying in the mansion.

"I am good and on the way to my house. What about you?" Pari replied playing with her ear buds.

"I am not good. The cramps are killing me even on the third day. Anyways, how was your stay there? Did Maasi brought the topic of your marriage?" Shree questioned.

"No, she didn't" she said in a low voice because Malti was just beside her.

"Cool" a hint of disappointment was there in Shree's voice.

However, Pari decided to ignore it.

"I will call you after reaching home. Bye" she told her as her eyelids were getting heavy.

"Okay, bye" Shree said before hanging up.

Pari leaned her head on the window mirror and closed her eyes. Lack of sleep and eight hours of journey caused her headache.

.
.
.
.
.

The girl was shivering under his piercing gaze. Sweat beads were formed on her forehead and she was continuously wiping it with her handkerchief.

The tapping sounds were resonating in the silent room.

His eyes were calm yet stormy.

She was regretting the moment she decided to betray him. She thought she would go away with it. How wrong was she.

A deep throaty chuckle left his mouth making her flinch.

"Misha Misha Misha. You are so naive" he uttered in an amusing manner.

His eyes were playful but she knew better. It was just a facade to hide the fury in them.

"How much did he pay you?" He asked resting his elbows on the desk.

Seeing his calm and composed posture, no one could guess the amount of anger bubbling inside him. He was hiding it so well.

It's his way of playing games with the people who tries to play with him.