58

AUTHOR'S POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He stopped, feeling her getting stiffened under him. Her hold on his shoulders loosened and her hands fell on the floor beside her head.

Her eyes were closed and breathing was normal. He realised, she had blacked out.

Releasing a sharp breath, he got off her and started packing back and forth in the room. His head was bursting making him hold it.

"Was I about to..."

He cursed releasing what he was going to do with her. Indeed, he wanted to punish her but raping her was not what he wanted.

Torturing her, yes.

He started thinking of the ways he could torture her, not only physically but mentally and emotionally as well. He wanted to break her badly so that no one could ever mend her.

Giving a last look to her, he stormed out of the room, locking the door from outside..

Pari felt a sharp pain on the back of her head. A yelp left her mouth as she tried to touch that area. She looked at her wrist, which had turned purple. The pain was so bad that she wanted to cry out loud.

She was also feeling a stinging sensation on the crook of her neck. Her eyes were still drowsy and head was spinning a bit.

"Drink this. You will feel better."

She flinched hearing an unfamiliar voice.

Opening her eyes, she looked at the woman who was sitting beside her. She was wearing an old cotton saree and was about of Shourya's mother's age.

"I am Sukhi, a maid here. Shourya baba has sent me to check upon you." The lady spoke softly.

Pari sighed looking at the tray filled with food and water.

"Why is he giving me food?" She hissed.

"Please eat something, beta. Your condition is not good." She requested.

Pari kept looking at the tray for few seconds and then suddenly spoke.

"Is he home?"

The lady shook her head immediately.

"Please..he-elp me. He has gone mad. My father is innocen-nt...pleasee.." She desperately pleading holding Sukhi's hands.

Sukhi felt bad seeing the poor girl pleading and crying. She could see the biting marks on her neck and bruises on her wrists. Even though, she had a daughter yet she couldn't help Pari.

"I am sorry, beta. He provides us with money and food. I can't help you." Sukhi whispered caressing her head.

She has a daughter of Pari's age and Shourya pays for her education. Never in her dreams, she can think of betraying Shourya but she felt horrible for not being able to help Pari.

The loud footsteps echoed in the silent room making her freeze in fear. Pari looked at Sukhi with those helpless eyes but Sukhi avoided meeting her gaze and without saying anything, left the room.

.
.
.

Her swollen eyes opened after struggling for a while. She immediately closed them as warm rays of sunlight hit her face. A look of relief covered her features feeling the warmth after God knows how many days.

She again opened her orbs and a small smile appeared on her dry and chapped lips.

With the support of the chair which was kept nearby, she stood on her trembling legs.