7

AUTHOR'S POV
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His dry throat was begging to get drenched by that bitter liquid. He held his throbbing head with one hand and growled in frustration. Non stop meetings, business deals and good for nothing employees, had kept him busy all the day.

He barely got any chance to even breath freely.

Agastya sighed taking the left turn. He himself was driving the car. The driver got late to reach his office, so he fired him then and there.

Because of his driver, he almost lost a deal today.

His eyes wandered around the deserted road as his car went on smoothly. He could see the fog covering the road but it was not that much dense.

He closed his eyes for a moment as he suddenly remembered his mother's words. The things she said had kept him awake the whole night.

Being a mother, she is not wrong at her place and he is very well aware about the same. He doesn't blame her.

But he just can't find himself agreeing for marriage.

He poked his tongue in his inner cheek. His sharp eyes were focusing on the road. He didn't want to face his mother. Her dull and accusing eyes make him want to harm himself for hurting her so much.

His thoughts broke when he saw a group of five people laughing on the road.

His brows furrowed in confusion and soon turned into rage when he found a girl lying on the road, surrounded by them.

He quickly stopped his car and came out of it slamming the door loudly.

The five men turned back and saw a man approaching them.

"Tujhe bhi maja Krna hai" one of them asked with a smirk.

(You wanna have fun as well)

The next moment he fell on the floor with a thud. A painful groan left his mouth making the four look at Agastya in complete shock.

"Tujhe to main batata hun ki maja kya hota hai" Agastya gritted kicking the man on his stomach.

(I will tell you what fun is)

The four men shook seeing the rage in his eyes. One of them was about to hit Agastya when he held his hand and landed a hard punch on his jaw.

The breaking noise scared the three men.

The three decided to attack him at the same time but couldn't succeed as Agastya managed to break their nose, jaw and hand.

He glanced at the girl who was still lying on the road. He decided to call the cops as he didn't want the men to get free this easily.

He quickly dialled the number but before he could connect the call, the men sat in a Jeep and vanished from there.

Still, he managed to note down the number of their Jeep.

"Ma'am" he held the girl whose back was facing him.

He kept her head on his lap and moved the hair which was covering her face.

A look of realisation covered his features.

She was his mother's best friend's daughter.

The girl who managed to annoy the shit out of him in the first meeting only.

Pale face with tear stains on cheeks. Red lips and a light cut on her forehead.

He felt an unknown pang in his heart.