40

AUTHOR'S POV
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bhai, I also want to see." A little girl said throwing her hands around the boy's neck.

The boy smiled lifting her up in his arms. He walked towards the small window and the stormy wind caressed their faces as she looked outside in awe.

The sky was dark and it was raining heavily. The leaves of the trees were swaying along with the breeze.

"Wow!!" The girl exclaimed happily.

The boy smiled at her and kissed her head. He was suprised seeing her completely unfazed by the storm outside.

"Aren't you scared?" He asked closing the window.

"No. You are holding me tightly na." She replied with a grin.

His heart swelled in immense happiness hearing her words.

He felt a sense of pride seeing her feeling protected with him.

"What if I leave you?" He asked mischievously.

The girl frowned and kept looking at him for sometime. She was looking lost in her thoughts, maybe preparing the answer to his question.

"You won't. I know." She replied keeping her head on his chest.

He smiled hugging her tightly. He felt good as well as scared seeing the level of trust she has on him.

"Yes, I won't."..

A small smile formed on his lips recalling the heartwarming words of his sister. He still can't describe what he felt at that moment when she showed her trust in him.

She was eight and he was twelve at that time. He was not that mature but that day, he vowed to protect his little sister till the day he breathes.

Anaya was the most pampered child of this family. She was youngest and her father's favorite. Her cuteness and mischievousness always won their hearts. A demand from her and the next second their father used to fulfill it.

After his death, Agastya tried to do everything his father did for this family especially for Anaya. He tried to fulfil her wishes but then where did he fail?

Yes, he is a bit strict and protective as well but that's because he is a brother. He cares for his little sister and knows how naive she is. He doesn't want anything or anyone to harm her.

He hissed inwardly and a sharp pain shot through his heart as her words rang in his ears.

She never talked to him this rudely before. She never looked at him with this much coldness in her eyes.

He couldn't believe the girl who was here shouting at him and accusing him is the same girl who used to sing lullabies for her siblings.

Who used to look at him with so much admiration in her eyes.

"Agastya."

He flinched slightly feeling a hand on his shoulder.

She didn't know how to console him. Just by seeing him, she could tell how badly and deeply he was hurt by his sister's words.

She hates seeing this side of him.

Vulnerable and silent.

She hates his tears.

"She is right. I should just let her do whatever she wants." He spoke suddenly letting out a small chuckle.

Pari quickly shook her head and knelt before him. She held his large hands before looking into his moistened eyes.