45

AUTHOR'S POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She huffed grabbing a bunch of her hair and making a messy bun on the top of her head. Her head was throbbing painfully and stomach was grumbling, asking for some food.

"I don't have anything to wear." She complained sitting on the bed tiredly.

Every girl has same problem. No matter how many clothes she has stuffed in her wardrobe. She will always complain of not having enough dresses especially during parties and functions.

Just like Pari, who has to attend her best friend's engagement this evening but she has still not decided what she will wear. Though, her wardrobe is filled with beautiful and expensive sarees and suits and even gowns and lehengas but suddenly she was finding everything boring.

Her mother in law made sure to gift her best dresses and she is glad for that but what can we say? She was not finding anything perfect at the moment.

Her stomach grumbled again and this time a dizzy feeling engulfed her making her alert. She decided to eat something as her body had started giving signals.

She went downstairs to have lunch.

It was the time of afternoon when a maid knocked on her bedroom door.

"Come in." Pari said keeping the clothes back neatly in the wardrobe.

"This is for you ma'am." She looked at the bag in the maid's hand and frowned.

"Okay. Thank you." She smiled taking the paper bag from her and the maid left.

Her eyes widened and a shy smile appeared on her lips as she found a note inside the bag, more like a love letter.

"I know you have so many beautiful dresses but still sending this one for you. Do wear it tonight.

It's my choice and I hope you will like it.

See you.."

A small chuckle left her mouth as she read the last line. Was her husband trying to be romantic? If that's the case then congrats to him as he won and successfully made his wife blush.

Pari hastily took out the dress and a gasp left her mouth looking at the gorgeous saree.

It was a beautiful cheery red silk saree with heavy embroidery on the blouse and borders. The fabric was so soft so smooth that she felt as if she is touching butter.

"Nice choice, Agastya." She whispered hugging the saree to her chest as her smile widened.

Her eyes narrowed in confusion finding a medium sized jewellery box inside the bag.

She opened it and found a pair of beautiful golden jhumkas which will go perfectly with the golden thread work on her saree.

She quickly stood in front of the mirror and placed the saree on her shoulder while wore one jhumka in her ear.

She was looking perfect. She was looking beautiful. The colour of the saree were matching the colour of her cheeks. A strange happiness spread over her chest.

The fact that her husband bought this for her and decided to suprise her was overwhelming.

Her grin slowly became a small smile as she kept looking at herself in the mirror. She had to blink her eyes to not let those salty water fall from her eyes.

There was a time when she used to ask the almighty that why has he given her this life. A life where there is no love no affection and no warmth.

She slowly started living with the fact of not being able to feel those pure emotions again but she did.