25

PARI'S POV
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The time was passing really slowly. I was continuously glancing at the wall clock as it was tickling painfully slow. The weather was not good. It was raining heavily outside and the storm didn't seem too far.

Where are you???

I continued pacing back and forth in our room, waiting for his car's honk to reach my ears.

Anaya was studying in her room and the maids had already left as it was quite late.

Honestly, it was not too late still it was getting tough for me to spend even a second alone in this room.

In these two days, we got closer more than I could ever imagine. His assuring words. His teasing, his smile and most importantly his presence, which brings a sense of security and relief.

My lips formed into a smile remembering the blissful moments we spent in these days. I would always count them among one of the most beautiful days of my life.

This morning, I never expected him to cook for me and the little moment that she shared in the kitchen.

Crimson coloured my cheeks reminiscing it. Indeed, it was a moment of weakness. My body betrayed me when he squeezed my arms and nuzzled my hair.

When he whispered in his velvety smooth voice in my ears. When his lips touched the shell of my ear and his hot breath fanned my skin.

But I am not regretting it.

Why should I?

Is it illegal to think about your own husband in an intimate way?

I don't think so...

Yes, I am attracted to him. I don't have the guts to deny this feeling. Actually, it's not a mere attraction but more than that.

Something deeper.

Something more beautiful and stronger.

These feelings were forbidden for me but this is changing now. After so many years, I am experiencing those butterflies again. Those tingles again.

The only difference is that I am not disgusted anymore by these touches.

I never knew that this man, who seemed so dangerous, rude, arrogant and scary after our first encounter would turn out to be a man of morals and values.

A man who would respect his wife and his family.

Who would cook early in the morning and watch horror movies.

I chuckled remembering the night when I was scared out of my wits and he made me understand that there is no ghost here.

The car honk reached my ears making me jump on my place.

Through blurry glass, I saw the headlights of his car.

My heart started thudding wildly in excitement.

I was waiting for him eagerly but when he was finally here I was getting scared and nervous. The irony.

"Bhabhi, Bhai is here. I am so so so scared."

Anaya barged in my room and spoke in a single breath. Her hair was completely disheveled and she was sweating profusely.

"Anaya, please calm down." I said rubbing her back. She was visibly shivering.

"Bhabhi, you don't know Bhai is really protective towards me. He literally beat the shit out of a boy who proposed me in high school. I am so scared, Bhabhi. Oh Shivji..."