27

AUTHOR'S POV
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She continued biting her nails while looking at the clock. A habit of hers which she has taken after her mother. In nervousness and restlessness, she always bites her nails.

A sigh left her lips hearing the familiar footsteps approaching the door of their bedroom.

"Hey!"

His deep voice sent shivers down her spine. He was leaned against the door with his navy blue coat dangling over his left forearm and laptop bag in his right hand.

The sleeves of his light yellow shirt, were rolled up till his elbows showing his veiny and strong hands.

His reading glasses and that messy hair.

In simpler words, HE WAS LOOKING HOT!!!!

Pari quickly shook her head and muttered a small greeting.

She realised, she was getting distracted by his mere appearance.

Focus, Pari.

"I am so hungry."

She opened her mouth but closed it soon after his words. He didn't give her a chance to speak.

"I will heat up the dinner." She said taking his blazer. "You met Maa?" She asked further.

"She must be sleeping. It's quite late." He replied taking out his socks.

He was about to toss them away somewhere in room but then he realised he doesn't live alone anymore.

Sighing, he entered the washroom and tossed them in the laundry basket.

"Can you please take out my clothes from the wardrobe?" He asked opening the top two buttons of his shirt.

"Sure." She muttered.

He smiled in return and went to take a bath.

Pari was waiting anxiously for him to come out of the washroom and est his dinner. Her heart was not at peace since morning. She needed to know the reason, what caused him to behave so rudely with the innocent Yuvaan.

She took out a fresh pair of sweatshirt and pyjamas for him and laid them on the bed.

"I AM DOWNSTAIRS." She shouted for him to hear as the shower was running.

"OKAY."

His reply came and she exited the room.

.
.
.
.

"You didn't eat?" He asked sternly.

"No. I was waiting for you." She said sitting on the chair beside him.

"You don't have to wait for me, Pari. Never neglect your health. Have you even seen the time?" His tone was filled with disappointment.

"I ate fruits." She answered shrugging her shoulders.

He shook his head disappointingly.

They had their dinner in silence as both of them were equally hungry.

The food tastes much much much better when you are starving.

Pari kept stealing glances at her husband every now and then. He was looking absolutely normal. Not even a line of worry was evident on his forehead.

Then why did he behave like that with Yuvaan?

She was trying to assure herself till now that whatever he did, it was due to work load.