26

Don't miss the author's note at the end of the chapter. Enjoy ❤️

AUTHOR'S POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you.." her brown orbs were staring into his green ones with so much innocence "...for making me realise my fault." He whispered.

Taking her small hand in his, he placed a soft kiss on her cold palm.

He inhaled deeply the sweet fragrance of her supple hand. Her hands are so tiny as compared to his and he loves this fact.

Releasing her waist, he took a step back. She let out a deep breath which she didn't realise she was holding till now. Though, she immediately missed the warmth his arms were providing.

"Don't thank me." She said smiling slightly at him.

She was blushing and he was loving the colour of her cheeks and the shyness in her eyes.

"And I am sorry." He added.

A hint of guilt was evident in his tone as his eyes casted down. He never wanted to yell at her or scare her. He has promised to his wife and himself that he would never repeat that mistake again.

Still, he lost control tonight.

"It's okay. But please don't let your anger overpower your senses ever again." She requested.

"I promise." He said, almost immediately.

A smile made it's way to her lips as she nodded at him.

A look of relief covered his features which didn't go unnoticed by Pari. It was hard for her to digest that her forgiveness means so much to him.

"Let's sleep?" She asked eyeing the well made bed.

What else were they supposed to do?

Not that, obviously.

"Yeah." He mumbled.

***

"Agastya."

He tried to calm his wild heartbeats hearing his name from her mouth. Everytime she takes his name, his heart gets excited and beats fastly.

"Hmm?" His deep voice echoed in the silent room.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" She didn't know why but these words left her mouth.

She was curious to know about his past relationships. He is hot and sexy, surely girls and women would fall for him and this fact is making her a bit insecure suddenly.

If not relationships then maybe....hookups?

A weird sensation made it's way to her heart while thinking about him sleeping with other girls.

He frowned hearing her question. Why would she ask something like that suddenly?

Then, he realised they never had a proper talk about their past relationships.

"No." He replied.

The answer didn't bring any relief to her restless heart. The first question was easy to ask but how would she ask the main question.

Were you involved in one night stands???

She cringed badly at the thought.

But her restlessness would not let her sleep in peace tonight or even tomorrow and the days after.

"And no...I didn't have one night stands."

Her eyes widened as he spoke. He literally answered her question before she could muster up the courage to ask him the same.