31

AUTHOR'S POV
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The captivating view of lush valleys mesmerised him as soon he opened the window. A gush of fresh and cool breeze hit his face making him breathe in relief.

The after rain smell was quite strong.

He was looking at the nature, so closely after so many years. He doesn't remember the last time he enjoyed a view and inhaled the fresh smell of tress, plants or rain.

"Angel, you will get wet. Come here."

She giggled shaking her head and opened her arms whilst looking up at the sky.

His gaze softened seeing her smiling and dancing in the rain. He couldn't take his eyes off her frame. She was looking purely like an angel.

His Angel.

"COME NA..." she shouted gaining his attention.

He simply nodded and strode towards her.

A gasp left her mouth, followed by a giggle as he lifted her in his arms and started swirling her tiny body.

Her melodic laugh echoed in the rain making his smile wider.

Somewhere, far from where he was at the moment, he could hear the folk song of Himachal Pradesh.

The tune of the song seemed so familiar. The sweet memories started flashing before him. Tears glided down his cheeks remembering those blissful days.

He was listening the folk music of this state after so many years.

His mother used to sing it for him when he was a child.

As, she was a pahadi who married a city guy and later on got settled in the city itself.

He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the window while gazing at the view.

After years of restlessness, he was finally feeling a bit relieved. Maybe it was the place which provided him the relief...or the person for whom he was searching since forever.

Maybe, his wait ended here.

In Manali.

"Would you like something, Sir?"

A feminine voice broke his trance and he turned around.

A young girl, the staff member of this resort who escorted him to his room was standing before him, bowing her head.

"No." Came his deep voice.

The girl shivered and timidly uplifted her gaze.

Who would not fall head over heels for this man? The drop dead gorgeous personality.

Since the moment, he stepped in their resort all the female workers even the guests are drooling over him. The mere news of his arrival was enough for them to lost their sanity.

He was clad in a blue turtleneck sweater and black jeans. His hair was perfectly set and his figure, tall and bulky was adding more hotness to his look.

"You may leave now."

The girl blinked and quickly realised she had been ogling at him. The sudden change in his tone, made her shiver and she immediately exited the room.

A sigh escaped his lips as he settled down on the sofa.

He glanced at his phone for the nth time. He was waiting for that one call, the call which would completely change his life. Which would brought the peace, he has been trying to seek for years.