46

PARI'S POV
                   ~~~~~~~~~~~

My heart was thudding wildly inside my chest and my palms had turned clammy. I could feel and hear my uneven breathing. I could also feel a pair of eyes staring into my soul deeply.

I put a fake smile on my face and tried to normalise myself while talking to my best friend and my college mate.

I avoided looking at him as I knew I would either freeze or do something really stupid after seeing the look my husband was giving me.

"He is literally shooting him through his eyes." Shree whispered while smiling sweetly at Kush.

I cleared my throat squeezing her hand tightly. I was already scared and this girl was making me more frightened.

"I request all the couples to grace the stage with your presence. A couple dance it is." An announcement was made grabbing the attention of the guests including me.

Rony came and stood beside Shree offering her his hand with a smile which she took gladly. I smiled seeing their romantic interaction. I have always wanted them to end up together and it was finally happening.

They are officially engaged now!

The smile fell off my lips as hot breath tickled my skin and a cold palm wrapped around my bare waist pulling me closer to the huge body of a man.

"Shall we?" He husked in my ear making me exhale a shuddered breath.

My eyes found his and goosebumps arose on my skin seeing the intensity of his eyes. He was looking at me without blinking, how was it possible?

I nodded absent mindedly. My attention was solely on his cold hand which was on my warm waist. The feeling was shuddering me to the core making me feel things at the same time.

He held my hand and guided me to the dance floor. Through my peripheral vision, I saw three other couples already dancing including Shree and Rony. The lighting had turned into a dim one.

Tumhe Dil nisaar karte..

Tumhe Jaan nisaar karte..

His left hand slowly wrapped around the right side of waist while his right hand held my left one. I placed my right hand on his left shoulder and we started swaying along with the music.

Tum pyaar karne dete, to tumhe kitna pyaar karte..

Ek baar karne dete, to tumhe kitna pyaar karte..

I lowered my head as heat crawled to my cheeks. I was sure I was looking like a tomato. I couldn't maintain the eye contact. His stare was too intense.

I was feeling shy. Not that I haven't felt shy before. No, I always feel shy in his presence but this time, it was something else.

I couldn't fathom what exactly was it. Was it his eyes? Or his hand which was drawing patterns on my skin, sensually.

"Pari." He muttered making me look at him, slowly.

He lowered his head as well to meet my height and leaned towards my ear.

"You belong here." He stated making my eyes shine in suprise.

I knew he was jealous and what he meant by this sentence. The words he uttered due to his jealousy, made me feel desirable. It made me feel as if I truly belong somewhere.

A small smile made it's way to my lips as he looked at me with a proud look plastered on his face.

My stupid man!