𝟎𝟏. 𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐬...𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐬

«Styles... Harry Styles» I watched the secretary search for my name in the long list of papers she had.

«Styles, Styles, Styles... Ah, there it is! Room 258, you are sharing a room with a certain Louis Tomlinson!"

I took the keys she offered me and gave her one of my smiles I was sure would melt her. That forty-year-old secretary was probably the youngest woman in this place. Why had my parents forced me to a men's college? Well actually I knew that, but it still wasn't right.

Yeah it's true, I had the habit of sleeping with a different girl every night, I got one pregnant but she had a miscarriage almost immediately.

I dragged myself upstairs till the second floor, couldn't they install an elevator? Then I started searching for my room: 254, 255, 256, 257, here it is, 258!

The secretary said I was going to have a roommate... I just needed this, not even a single room. My roommate would've been some nerd who only thinks about studying to say the least. What did she say was his name? Lewis? I don't know.

I took a breath and turned the key in the door lock. I was surprised to find it empty, perfectly in order, with only a suitcase on one of the two beds to betray the presence of someone before me in that room.

The room resembled a bit of a hotel's one: just entered there was a wardrobe on the left and a door that took to the small bathroom on the right. In front of me, then, there was a small room with two beds, two nightstands, a leather couch on the right and a piece of furniture with some drawers and a mini fridge on the left. A television was set on top of it. The whole room was dark red and grey coloured, the college colours. I went to the balcony positioned after the beds, exactly in front of me, to take a breath of fresh air. The sight was beautiful, you could see the lake and the forest after it, but the thought that from there to civilization it takes 20 minutes by car killed me, keeping in mind I didn't even have a licence.

I glanced at the clock, it was 5:17 pm. Suddenly I remembered the secretary said something about some meeting with the freshmen at 5:30. I didn't even waste time adjusting myself, there were no girls there, who was I supposed to get dressed for? I went down in search of the great hall where I knew the meeting would be taking place.

I wandered for a while - you can say everything about that college but not that it's small - and I managed to enter the room before the meeting started.

I took place in the last row and of what the principal said I listened very little.

I understood something like if you don't arrive in the cafeteria in time you couldn't eat, something about cars they rent if you want to go to the city and something about not taking anyone external inside the college, not even a family member.

Perfect, I couldn't even take some girls for the night, not that I could've fuck with a boy sleeping in the bed beside mine. I might as well become a friar.

"And remember, you can only sleep out of college with my official permission and you must ALWAYS and I repeat ALWAYS have the college crest pin on you, otherwise you'll get a serious disciplinary sentence that you won't like! You'll find the pins in your rooms, now you can go and remember, dinner will be at 7.30pm!"

**

The headmaster finished his boring speech and the boys got up and walked away.

With a bit of a struggle, I managed to retrace the route in reverse and arrive in front of the door with the plate indicating the number 258. I entered, eager to take a shower before dinner, but stopped when I saw the bed aside from me occupied by a boy with a cell phone in his hand. He looked up as he heard the door slam. Blue, his eyes were terribly blue and cold.

"You must be my new roommate, I'm Louis Tomlinson."

I walked up to the boy, he looked older than me, probably from his senior year. He didn't look anything like the loser nerd I had imagined, in fact I had to admit that he was a really good looking guy. Brown hair, quiff on the front, thin lips and very blue eyes.

"Yes it's me, my name is Harry Styles." Saying this I held out my hand.

Louis looked at it for a moment, then snubbed it completely and returned to his mobile phone.

'Nice guy' I found myself thinking ironically. Likewise, without saying a word, I turned around and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

I stayed in the shower for a while then I went out to go to dinner, it was 7:20pm when I was ready. I was about to walk out the door when I stopped and looked at the boy still lying on the bed.

Even if he'd been rude, that didn't mean I had to be too, right? After all, I would have to share a room with that boy for a year. "What are you doing? Aren't you coming to eat?" I asked without too much enthusiasm, that guy didn't convince me after all. "Sorry curly, I have better things to do."

Curly? He didn't even remember my name? Who did he think he was that arrogant? And what would he have to do better than eat?

"Perfect" I replied coldly and having said this I went out the door. Actually I wasn't even hungry anymore but I still headed to the cafeteria.

The room was occupied by five long tables and other smaller ones with four or six seats. I sat down at the corner of one of the large tables, next to a hungry-looking blond, determined not to speak to anyone.

I had only been there for a few hours yet I already hated the place.

Why did they sign me up there? Why?

"Hi! You must be new, I'm Liam Payne, I'm in the second year!"

A boy in front of me with very short brown hair and hazel eyes said. He seemed like a nice boy, too nice for my liking. Who is it that starts talking to a complete stranger, moreover a first year?

"Harry" I just replied.

"They're Niall and Zayn" the boy told me pointing first to the blond next to me and then to a dark-skinned dark-haired boy next to him.

I nodded to both of them. The boy, Liam I think, seemed to feel a little uncomfortable because of my lack of talk so he just added:

"Well, if you need anything just ask us."

"I will for sure."

It's not true, I would never have done it, I don't like asking for help, I prefer to do my thing by myself. I was a little sorry for that Liam, after all he had been kind, it's not his fault that I didn't want to talk to anyone.

I finished dinner in silence and went back to my room.

Louis wasn't there.

I had no idea why, but I was dying to know where he went and why he had skipped dinner.

Well, at that moment I certainly wouldn't have discovered it, moreover I was going to have my first class the next day and I was dying of sleepiness, I might as well go to sleep.

Said and done, I let myself be cradled by the arms of Morpheus.

**

I heard the sound of a key turning in the lock. I glanced at the watch on my bedside table and saw that it was three in the morning.

Louis walked into the room at that moment so I pretended to sleep, peeking to see what he was doing.

Well he didn't do anything at all except strip down to his pyjamas. I have to admit my roommate had a really nice body, when he took off his shirt I could see his well sculpted abs.

Deep down Louis intrigued me, what did he do from 7:30/8:00 p.m. till three at night?

As sleep began to take possession of me again I decided that somehow I would have found out.