𝟑𝟐. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬

I'd heard Liam on the phone and he'd told me he'd spoken to Zayn, but he couldn't get a spider out of a hole, so I'd decided to go and talk to him myself. I wrote him a message telling him that I needed him and he immediately replied to join him in his room. The fact that he'd begged me to meet him there was a good thing in itself, it meant that Nick hadn't convinced him to stay away from me. Or maybe he had convinced him so well that he wanted to kill me, at that moment I expected anything. Zayn looked pretty angry the last time I saw him and I really hoped it was Grimshaw's fault and not mine.

Arrived at the door, I hesitated for an indecisive moment before knocking. For some reason I had a certain anxiety. I tried to tell myself that everything was fine, but I could not convince even myself. Shortly after I heard the door open and a happy, dishevelled and slightly sleepy Zayn came to answer the door for me.

"Harry! Glad you're here!" He greeted me with a warm smile and beckoned me to enter.

I gave him a hasty hug and walked into his room so similar to mine. Zayn sat me down on the couch and even asked me if I'd like some tea. I politely declined as I thought about the best way to introduce the subject.

"Why were you at the table with Nick the other day?" that's how it always ended. I was preparing a beautiful, convincing speech in my head and then when the time came I always shot out the first shit that was going through my head. Zayn's face, as opposed to what I expected, wasn't surprised or amazed, he seemed rather resigned. I heard him sigh and he sat next to me.

"I knew you were here for that" he kept his head down and watched the fingers of his hands chase each other and play with each other without any apparent sense. "Ok, what do you want to know?" he asked, finally raising his head and looking into my eyes.

"What I asked you. Why were you with him?" I kept looking into his eyes in the hope of being able to catch something from the nuances they acquired.

"I messed up and was trying to fix it," he hadn't said basically nothing, but he'd said enough to worry me. I jumped up facing him and looked down at him.

"Fuck, Zayn no! Whatever mess you've made, Nick isn't the better person to solve it" he shook his head slightly at that statement.

"You don't understand, I messed it up with Nick and I have to solve it with Nick"

I wasn't sure I understood his words.

"How do you screw up with Nick? What do you mean?" unintentionally I had started to raise my voice a bit, but I couldn't help it, I was starting to panic. Zayn stood up with a nervous jerk facing me face to face.

"Nothing, you don't have to worry! I'll solve it!" my hands began to shake with nervousness and anger. How could he give me that answer?

"I don't have to worry? How could I not worry? You know what Nick is capable of doing, you were the only one he hadn't attacked yet and you go and provoke him? I'm sick of losing the best friends I've ever had" I took a deep breath and placed my hands on his shoulders "I only have you left Zayn" I whispered. I saw his face soften, but it didn't last long, as he soon crossed hua arms and rolled his eyes.

"Yes, me and your dear LouLou," he replied sarcastically.

"But Zayn is different! You are always so mysterious, I bet you have something to hide, I see it in your eyes, while with Lou it's not the same thing, the thing he would like to hide is always on everyone's lips in school. So basically he has nothing to blackmail him with, because he has nothing to lose."

After my speech Zayn did something I never expected. He laughed. I kept looking at him bewildered, while his taunting laughter hit me deeper and deeper.