𝟐𝟑. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐭

The week that passed was rather... To tell the truth, I wasn't quite sure how to describe it. Niall kept avoiding me for no apparent reason, so much so that even Liam asked me if we had a fight. Of course I told him no, that I didn't know what he had. Zayn told us that he was probably just stressed about his exams, we pretended to believe him, but in reality I was much more worried than I let on. He just didn't talk to me anymore, just a hello if he had to and then he ran away, most of the time without giving any explanation. I hadn't even been able to tell him about Louis and I had a fucking need to tell someone!

I was so nervous that when Liam asked me for an innocent:

"So? How's it going with Louis?" I jumped two metres immediately followed by a "What do you mean?"

Well fuck I was fucked, he had found out everything! But how had he done it? Maybe he had magical powers! Or maybe there was a camera in the closet and now the whole school knew about it! Oh shit!

"No nothing, I was wondering if you had made up... Because what should I understand?" He looked at me suspicious but I pulled a sigh of relief, so he still didn't know anything.

"Nothing, don't worry, I talked to him and I don't know, now we're in a stall phase" he simply nodded. If there was one thing that I loved about Liam was that he always minded his own business, the problem is that he often understood more than he let on.

Then effectively the situation with Louis was in a stall.

It was incredible but it seemed that Niall's plan was actually paying off, now he wasn't avoiding me anymore, but I was avoiding him.

Or rather, I pretended to ignore him and he kept staring at me. Everywhere! In the corridors, in the park, at the cafeteria... I could see him looking at me in frustration, he often bit his lip or tortured his hands. I couldn't help but rejoice in seeing him like this, I didn't know what his thoughts or feelings were, but I certainly wasn't indifferent to him anymore, I had confused him and sooner or later he would come to find answers. I was just hoping it was sooner rather than later, but meanwhile I was enjoying my moment of glory.

I felt my phone vibrate and opened it to find a text from Josh asking if we could meet in an hour at the tennis camp. I told him it was fine before asking why I didn't know there was a tennis camp at this college . It had been months and I still didn't know that place at all. I barely knew the way to the classrooms, the cafeteria and the courtyard and that place was immense. Who knows maybe one day I would have decided to visit it, in the meantime I limited myself to asking a guy passing by where the famous tennis court was. I headed in the direction indicated to me and once I arrived I saw Josh waiting for me on the bleachers, I approached and we exchanged a quick hug and then I sat down next to him.

"So Josh, did you just want to see me or did you want to talk to me about something?" I gave him a sincere smile, it had been a while since I spoke to him and I missed him.

"Both, man!"

"Uh well, what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Louis" I know I should have expected that answer but still that name was like a bucket of ice cold water. Now I remember why it's been a while since I spoke to Josh, I never knew how much he knew and it scared me. It took me a while but I finally managed to put a fake smile back on my face.

"Sure, what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, he's not the same anymore, not necessarily in a negative sense, but I know that somehow you are involved in it. I repeat, not necessarily in a negative sense, only that every time he talks to you and then alternates moments of pissed off, laughter, silence and moments in which he seems like the old Louis laughing and joking. Lately he seems particularly frustrated, he doesn't listen to me when I speak because he seems lost in his thoughts, but above all he doesn't tell me anything anymore and we have always said everything to each other sort of" I sighed, even letting go of my fake smile.