𝟒𝟒. 𝐈 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

The following day we were curled up on the sofa watching television.

It was a very daily thing, it seemed almost familiar, as if we had always done it, as if we had spent every day of our lives nestled on each other, holding each other, laughing, exchanging caresses and kisses. Yet it was a totally new thing and I also understood it from the butterflies that fluttered cheerfully in my stomach. They were probably having a great time down there, because they seemed to have multiplied and become noisier. However, Louis sometimes seemed thoughtful to me and I was afraid that he regretted what he had told me and said. I was probably just paranoid, because he was strangely open and outgoing with me anyway. He gave me breathtaking smiles and didn't stop touching me everywhere, it almost seemed as if he was releasing everything he had held back in those months in one fell swoop. I certainly didn't want to complain, but just when I was putting all my anxieties aside, Louis decided to break off our kiss. He looked me in the eye and said in one breath: "Harry, I've made up my mind."

All my fears hit me violently again, I widened my eyes and walked away from him, already ready to be told how wrong we were, how much better it was to distance ourselves, not even talk to each other anymore, go back to different rooms and stuff like that. And really, I didn't think I could handle it after the high hopes he'd given me the previous day. He noticed my panic and took my hand seemingly to calm me down, which only served to confuse me even more. I began to look from our joined hands to his eyes and I was pretty sure my breathing had become irregular.

"Harry calm down," he said, shaking my hand "It's not about umm... Us? Ok? Take it easy."

I actually did and I started kicking myself for overreacting so much in front of him. At times I looked like a child who couldn't even mask his emotions. Ridiculous, really. The fact that Louis hadn't teased me yet continued to worry me as well as the seriousness in his eyes.

"What is it about then?" I asked him unsure and still a little embarrassed.

He sighed and looked at the vase on the coffee table in front of us.

"I've decided to visit Grimshaw in the hospital," he announced flatly, not taking his eyes off me. I was silent for a moment to absorb his words.

"What? Are you crazy? Why would you do that?" I then suddenly blurted out. He finally turned his gaze to me.

"Harry, try to understand me. I need to know, for my sanity, that he's okay, that I didn't hurt him." Although I didn't fully approve, I understood that he really needed it so that he could understand that he wasn't a monster, as he liked to call himself. I really wanted to tell him that he looked like an angel to me, but he wouldn't have believed me anyway.

"Okay, fine Lou, I get it. When do you want us to go?" I asked him, but he shook his head.

"We're not going anywhere at any time. I'm going to see him, you stay here" he said confidently.

"What? You're kidding right? Why shouldn't I come too?" I said, almost angry.

"Because I want you as far from him as possible. Just because I don't like the idea of ​​sending him to the hospital doesn't imply that I wouldn't gladly send him to jail to rot," he said bluntly.

"What? Louis I appreciate that you want to um... protect me, but I'm not a child. I also don't think Nick can make me something, laying on a hospital bed." Louis opened his mouth to protest, but I stopped him immediately with a wave of the hand "You want to help me and I understand it, but for this time let me help you."

He stood for a moment in indecisive silence, but then wearily nodded.

"Fine, but you always have to stand behind me ok? Thanks Harry." I smiled at him and gave him a quick kiss to thank him.