𝟒𝟗. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞

A month had passed and things had remained the same. I spent my days dividing myself between Liam, Josh and Louis, laughing and joking and when I wasn't with them I was locked up in my room and tried to study given the flood of exams I had to take. I honestly didn't count on passing any of them, it was practically impossible for me to succeed, when I opened a book it seemed to me that it was written in Arabic.

I had never even remotely heard of those things, I seriously wondered what I had been doing for practically a year, it was not possible that six hours a day, five days a week I had only spent time in class thinking about Louis.

Yet it seemed to be so. Except when I didn't even go to class of course. I risked going crazy and the more I tried to study, the less I succeeded, so I just gave up.

I was freaking out from the stress, but I certainly wasn't the only one. Liam was practically not breathing anymore, he too spent his time divided between studying, even if he had to take many exams less than me since he hadn't waited for the last moment like me, us, Niall and Zayn. Not that the latter considered him much to tell the truth, but he continued to try constantly. Also he and Louis, who inexplicably got along very well even though no one explained why, kept pressuring me and Josh to forgive Niall.

In our group, the absence of the blond was very much felt, the cheerfulness and light-heartedness that he usually gave off, his smile that seemed to be able to light up the world. Furthermore, if there was leftover food, we never knew who to give it to. Liam usually ended up eating it because he was sorry to throw the food away.

I missed him a lot, but I still couldn't forgive him. What he had done was just too much. Liam tried to spend as much time with him as possible, but as he told me he was slowly sinking lower and lower. Josh, if possible, seemed even less willing than me to forgive him and yet I was sure he was greatly affected by this absence.

At lunch and dinner there were now the most absurd combinations, many times the four of us ate together, while other times Josh and Liam ate together, to leave a little privacy for Louis and me and this time my boyfriend wasn't jealous.

Other times however, especially when I saw Josh particularly dejected and even if he didn't say it we knew it was for Niall, I only let him eat with his best friend so he could vent. It also happened, and much more frequently than one might imagine, that Josh and I ate together, but not so much because the two of us wanted it, although I didn't mind his company at all, rather because it was Louis and Liam who wanted to be together. I really couldn't understand how they could get along so well, especially considering that it seemed to me that they spent half the time arguing. Maybe that's why they enjoyed it.

**

One afternoon I was on my bed trying to study what appeared to be private law. I wondered with what criteria I had chosen those courses, then I remembered that since I had refused, my parents had chosen them for me. Louis came back in just as I was staring at the wall and thinking how good he would be there, maybe with my body trapping him.

"Hey!" I said smiling and placing the book on my lap. But he didn't smile at me, he just stood staring at me with his arms crossed. I started to worry. "What happened?" I asked him then.

"You have to come with me," he said firmly.

"And where?" The serious air he had did not reassure me at all.

"To Niall," I hastily retrieved the book and went back to staring at it. "Harry, stop being a baby," he scolded me, but I quickly countered, saying I wasn't being a baby at all.

"Can't you see I'm busy?" my acid tone was quite evident.

"Harry, first of all you have the book upside down, so don't pretend you're busy. Second, I bet you can't even remember why you're mad at him by now!" He was being ridiculous. I knew very well why I was angry with him and my reasons were more than valid. I refused to answer and just glared at him.