𝟎𝟓. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐦

The lesson hours passed quickly enough, Louis hadn't spoken to me since yesterday, he hadn't even waited for me for breakfast. At lunch, I'd told the boys that I'd be having coffee with Josh that afternoon, and I'd happily added that Louis wasn't thrilled about it.

"WHAT- HARRY ARE YOU CRAZY???"

"Niall, fuck, keep your voice down, everyone's watching us!" The blond just lowered his voice a little.

"We tell you to stay away from him and you piss him off?" I muttered something that wasn't a real answer.

"Come on Ni, don't exaggerate, Harry isn't doing anything wrong after all" Liam tried to intervene in my defence.

"No, Niall is right." Zayn's tone was firm and serious and decisive, it was frightening.

"You know very well what he could do, he's already done it once, nothing prevents him from doing it again."

"We have no evidence Zayn..."

"Come on Liam! What else could have happened?"

"Maybe what he said happened"

"Don't be naïve! We all know very well what happened!"

At that point, not being able to miss the opportunity, I intervened.

"I don't, can you explain it to me?"

"Harry, if you have any brain apologize to Louis, even without reason and don't go on that fucking coffee date with Josh!" Said this, Zayn got up and left without another word.

Obviously I didn't listen to him and a few hours later I was sitting at the bar waiting for Josh even though I actually felt a little guilty.

I didn't think too much about it though, because at that moment Josh arrived.

"Hey Harry! Have you been here long? Sorry I'm late!" That boy was always smiling, I kept wondering how he could be friends with Louis.

"Don't worry, I just arrived." I smiled back too.

We ordered a coffee and started talking about everything and nothing, while I tried to find the most opportune moment to insert the topic.

We were laughing about something I told him when Josh said the phrase I was waiting for.

"HAHAHAHAH why can't I have a roommate like you? Mine is a mortal bore!"

"Oh, well Louis would gladly switch, he hates me."

"No, what are you saying, he doesn't hate you! He's just been trying to play cold with people lately, but I actually think he likes you quite a lot!"

"Oh please... He probably begged you not to come here."

"Well... yes actually. But I think it's because he was afraid I might steal his roommate."

"Look it's quite the opposite, he was afraid his creepy pushy roommate would steal his best friend." Saying this sentence my voice cracked a bit, I just hoped that he hadn't noticed.

Josh didn't say anything, I felt his gaze on me, but I had a sudden interest in my coffee, I was even crushing my cup.

"He is not what you think." I finally found the courage to look up from the cup. He was staring at me with a look... I didn't even know how to define it, he almost looked sorry.

"Oh no?" It was the only thing I was able to ask.

"No... Until two years ago he was always happy and carefree, he involved everyone with his jokes. He was the most popular in school, everyone loved him, everyone wanted to be his friend. Then it happened..." I waited anxiously, his face looked hurt. He took a deep breath before continuing.