𝟐𝟗. 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬?

Lou and I risked it big yesterday, Stan walking into the room just as Lou and I were kissing. Fortunately we had parted just in time, motivating our closeness with a "Louis has something in his eye". Stan wasn't very bright so he believed it. When he asked what Tomlinson was doing in our room, I understood that apparently the headmaster hadn't warned him about the move to his new/old quarters yet.

Lou threw his things in his face and told him to get out of the way. Stan looked at him confused and then with a little patience I explained to him that due to a disagreement between Louis and Nick, the principal had established that the former should go back to the room with me. I actually wanted to send him out too but decided to hold back. I didn't want to have another person mad at me, especially if it was Nick's roommate. Basically I didn't want them to start a "we hate Harry and look for a thousand ways to make him suffer and kill him" club.

He seemed quite indifferent to the news, more like it seemed complaining that he had to move all his stuff again.

"Could you move Tomlinson?" Stan asked as he tried to retrieve the suitcase that was under the bed that Louis was still sitting on. Louis didn't answer, just gave him a look that could have frozen the fire itself.

"S-sorry," he said, trembling. I often forgot the effect that had Louis on other people and how they feared him. Stan hurried as fast as he could and walked out of the room.

"You know..." Lou began "Stan was once one of my closest friends?" I remembered that Josh had actually mentioned something like this to me.

"And what happened?" I asked him.

"Nothing, he turned out to be a false hypocrite just like everyone else. I can't believe I was really friends with such a loser"

"Come on, if he was your friend he must have had some merit!" he seemed to think about it for a moment.

"Ummm... Actually yes, that boy had a real adoration for me, that's why I liked him, he always tried to imitate me without success and did anything I asked him. I think I was a kind of idol for him. Actually, every now and then I wondered if he had a crush on me"

I was a little shocked by that speech.

"So you were with him, he was your friend, just because he adored you and would have done anything for you?"

"Well, I don't think I realised it at the time, but looking back on it now it's very likely," he said simply, while I inevitably immediately assumed the worst.

"Is that why you're with me?" I asked as I began to shiver slightly.

"Huh?" he said confused, since he evidently didn't understand what I meant.

"Is that why you're with me?" I repeated "Because I adore you and would do anything for you? Am I the new Stan?"

"Do you adore me and would do everything for me? I really have to keep that in mind" he smiled and winked in my direction, playing down and not realising that I was very serious.

"Shit Lou! You're not answering me because I'm right, aren't you?" he suddenly stopped smiling and seemed to realise in that instant that I was shaking, even though I didn't know why either.

"Harry?" He put a hand on my shoulder, but I moved it away from him abruptly, pulling away from him.

I knew I was overreacting, but at that moment I couldn't help it, maybe the post-choke shock had finally arrived.

"Harry, are you serious?" I didn't answer him and he interpreted my answer as a confirmation. He ran a hand through his hair, undecided about what to say or do. He jumped out of bed and approached me a little uncertain.