𝟐𝟏. 𝐈𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭

I grabbed him by the wrist before he could get out and closed the door he had managed to half open.

"Oh no mate, this time you're not leaving me leaving thirty thousand mental complexes about what I should have done, what I should have said, how I should have behaved, what you think! This time I want some explanations!"

"I...I have nothing to tell you." I raised an eyebrow.

"You're kidding right? In your opinion, is it normal to take someone from the corridor, drag him by force into a closet and kiss him? And I tell you right away that denying it would be rather useless"

"Well I don't think you were disturbed by it and that you immediately rejected me with force" he obviously counterattacked and of course it worked out great. I thanked the gods the warehouse was dark and he couldn't see my cheeks turning redder than a tomato, because of course he was right.

"D-don't... We weren't talking about that!"

"And what were we talking about?" Was he trying to make me lose the thread?

"Lou I'm not angry or whatever you think, I just want to know why you did it" Silence. A deafening silence is all that came over my ears, while Louis' eyes were busy studying with interest a mop behind my back.

"Lou?"

"I'm not gay" it was a whisper and I barely heard him.

"What?"

"I said I'm not gay, so you don't have to get any ideas" I raised my eyes and arms to the sky exasperated.

"Yeah, that's why I wasn't kissing a guy in the janitors' closet five minutes ago!"

"I told you not to get any ideas! However, if I'm not mistaken, you told me and the others you're not gay!" I frowned instantly.

"'Cause I'm not." He laughed.

"But how? Weren't you the one who five minutes ago was kissing a boy in the janitors' closet?"

"Touché" He smiled and turned around with the thought of getting out of there, but I couldn't let him go like this.

"Lou, you still haven't answered me." He turned and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Now I'll ask you a question Harry, why did you kiss me back?"

This time it was me who was silent and looked away from him.

What should I have told him, that I was madly in love with him and that therefore I enjoyed that kiss and that I could not miss the opportunity because I dreamed of his lips every night?

"Exactly as I imagined"

"So what are we Lou? Two straight guys who secretly kiss in closets?" I will never know where I had plucked up the courage to say those words. He scrutinised me for a moment before answering.

"Something like that" This time he actually opened the door.

"Last thing Lou" He just turned around keeping his hand on the handle "I haven't forgotten what you told me before you kissed me" He pursed his lips and got out of there for good. When I followed suit a few seconds later, the corridor was already deserted and he was gone.

As always, our conversation brought very few answers and many, many new questions. This time I'd promised myself I wouldn't let him go without answers first, but it hadn't quite gone as I'd anticipated.

He hadn't given me any explanation, but perhaps in that case it had been a good thing, who keeps silent agrees, right?

I was trying really hard not to illude myself, but Louis wasn't helping me at all.