𝟑𝟖. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭

"Hey darling! I called to tell you about the Easter holidays! It's almost a week away now and Gemma and I can't wait to meet your boyfriend!" At my mother's words I began to sweat cold. I had completely forgotten about Easter, theoretically I should have gone back to my parents' house. With Louis. Like my boyfriend. Obviously it was another of his genius ideas, he was only capable of creating problems. Now what was I supposed to come up with? Should I tell my mother that we had broken up?

"Emm... Mum really, about Easter and my boyfriend..." In that instant I heard the bathroom door suddenly open, I instinctively turned away leaving the speech in half. I saw Louis staring at me with wide eyes. I saw him mouth a "please" to me and I found myself frowning. What did he want to tell me? He evidently sensed that I didn't understand so he approached me and put his hands together in prayer and this time mimicked a "please".

"Harry? Harry, are you still there?" my mother's voice on the phone roused me.

"Emm... Mum, is it okay if I call you back later? Now I'm a bit busy" I answered, continuing to stare Louis in the eyes who sketched a shy smile.

"But Harry..." I hung up without letting her finish the speech. I crossed my arms and watched Louis sigh and throw himself onto our bed with his arms stretched over his head and his legs dangling. I waited for him to say something but he remained silent and still, only our breaths broke the silence of the room.

"So?" I snapped menacingly when I couldn't tolerate that situation anymore "Do you want to give me a valid reason why I slammed the phone in my mother's face?"

"'Cause are you a rude person?" he asked sarcastically without looking at me, but continuing to stare at the white ceiling above his head.

"Lou I'm serious" I bit my tongue as those words came out. Since we had argued I hadn't called him that anymore, only Tomlinson or at the most with an ironic Loulou. I heard him sigh, but he finally turned his head in my direction.

"Let me come with you" I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"Where?"

"At Easter. Let me come with you. Let me come to your house" I widened my eyes in disbelief.

"What?" I realised that I was answering him in monosyllables, but I really couldn't think of other more suitable words at that moment.

"Please Haz" he said pleadingly and I couldn't stop my heart from tumbling at that nickname "I know I have no right to ask you such a thing, but I can't go back to my family"

"Why don't you go to Josh's?" I asked him then.

"Because his family doesn't want to see me anymore after... Well you know. Josh has offered me more than once to go on holiday together, but in the end, the holidays are the only opportunity he has to be with his family and I don't want to take them away from him" he explained. I almost felt tenderness hearing those words, how much he cared about his friend, but I tried to swallow it almost immediately.

"And why would you have to ruin my holidays instead?" I objected.

"I promise I won't spoil it for you. I'll make... a truce during that time ok? You'll see your family and I won't see mine" said by him it sounded so simple, but I knew it wouldn't be at all.

"I don't know Lou," I replied, rubbing my temples.

"Please Haz" I sighed.

"Didn't you hate me? To spend the holidays with someone you hate, at least you could tell me what drives you to do it" I saw him stiffen and I was almost sure to see his eyes water.

"Suffice it to know that I hate my family much more than I hate you. Well, aren't you happy? Isn't that already a goal?" he said acidly even though I could read a note of desperation in his voice, it was probably that that prompted me to say "ok".