𝟏𝟒. 𝐎𝐤, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭?

"Niall, can I talk to you?"

"Um... ok!" He nodded to his classmates and walked to me.

"Do you want to hang out together one of these days?"

"Sure, but don't we already usually do that?" he asked, puzzled by my question. At the very least now he thought I had a crush on him too!

The next question I asked him with my eyes fixed on my hands, which couldn't stay still.

"And is it okay if Josh and Louis come too?" I saw him blanch and for a moment I feared he was about to pass out.

"WHAT? NO! Whatever's on your mind, forget it!"

"Please, Nialler! I told him you wanted to meet them!"

"What's gotten into your head? I have no desire to meet them! I said I would try to accept your friendship with Louis, not that I want to become his new best friend!"

"But it's a matter of a few minutes! Then with some excuse you walk away with Josh and leave me alone with Louis."

"Even worse! I don't even know this Josh."

"He's nice," I ventured.

"I don't give a damn if he's nice! Can't you ask Liam? He would love to!"

"Yes, but Liam is too intrusive, he would ask a lot of personal questions and embarrass me! And then how do you think I explain to Liam that I want to be alone with Louis?" I saw him waver a bit so I took the opportunity to insist and try to make him collapse.

"Come on, who do you think I should bring? Zayn? So they end up in a fight? You're the only one I trust, Ni! I'll do whatever you want." I gave him the big puppy eyes in hopes of persuading him.

"I already know that I will regret it bitterly, but... fine." I practically jumped on him.

"Thank you thank you thank you! I adore you!" He started giggling.

"Ok, ok I adore you too, but now let me breathe!" I loosened my crushing grip in which I had imprisoned him, but without letting him go completely.

"So, when is the big day?" he asked, rolling his eyes.

"I don't know! I'll go ask Lou!" I said beaming, pulling away from him and already taking the first steps towards the stairs.

"Yeah, like that's why you go to LOU." He emphasised the 'Lou' with a teasing tone, I in response turned around and stuck my tongue out at him, only to then burst out laughing as I already started climbing the stairs.

I couldn't blame him. Deep down it was true, every single fibre of my body recalled the presence of Louis. I had seen him a short while ago yet I already missed him, I wanted to see him. Ever since I'd admitted to myself that maybe I had feelings for him, I couldn't stop thinking about it, his name echoing in my head.

Louis Louis Louis Louis Louis Louis

By now it was a kind of background in my head, the most beautiful music I had ever heard, apart from his voice of course!

I went into the room and found Louis sitting on the couch reading a book, probably from school. Strange, it was the first time I'd seen him study, he studied even less than me. And I didn't study at all. When I came in he turned to me.

"Sorry I didn't mean to disturb you, go ahead." Having said that, he turned away and went back to reading his book.

I, not sure what to do, grabbed my laptop and started screwing around on Twitter. After checking the interactions and scrolling through the timeline, I almost unknowingly ended up on Louis's profile. I glanced at him sideways just to make sure he was still reading his book. Catching me fooling him on Twitter wasn't going to be the best.