𝟒𝟖. 𝐖𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬

At breakfast that day, Lou didn't seem to be paying attention to what I was saying. All he could do was glare at Josh and Liam, who was evidently laughing at a joke Josh said. It had been going on like this for a few days now, those two were more and more united and Louis was more and more nervous. Having a conversation with him was getting more and more tiring, he often ended up yelling at me, then apologising two seconds later and assuring me he wasn't mad at me.

The only time he was a little more relaxed was after sex, but it's not like we could fuck twenty-four hours a day. I put up with it and kept my cool even when he started insulting me, because I knew it was his way of dealing with it, but I couldn't go on like this forever.

"Lou" I called him. "Louis" I tried again when I got no response. In fact, his eyes were glued to three tables away.

"Tomlinson!" I said then and finally managed to awaken him from his murderous trance and turn him towards me. However, he looked at me dully, almost annoyed. I cleared my throat. "Don't you think... Don't you think you should try to talk to him?" I ventured shyly.

"With who?" he asked, annoyed.

"We have nothing to discuss," he retorted curtly, making me understand that the subject ended there. I nodded wearily. We finished breakfast in silence. I then left him a kiss by way of greeting before walking away from him and heading to class. There were still people who gave us strange looks or who I saw suppressed grimaces, but with each passing day this happened less and less. Luckily for me, unlike my old friends in Holmes Chapel, no one ever said anything to us, at least not directly, but I think it was more because they were afraid my boyfriend would kill them. The good thing though was that Nick seemed to be a little less on top of me. Maybe it was my impression or maybe he was starting to understand that the thing between me and Louis was serious enough and he was resigning himself.

As soon as I got to class I took out my cell phone and texted Liam if we could meet just after class. Obviously he didn't answer me right away, but he waited for the end of the lesson, whether he ever took out his cell phone during lessons. In any case, he told me that it was fine for him and to meet him in the garden, since it was finally starting to get a bit warm.

That afternoon, as soon as I slipped out of the classroom, I immediately headed outside the building. Liam soon joined me and we said goodbye with a quick hug. We talked for a bit of this and that as we walked, before I brought up the real subject of why I had wanted to see him.

"Look, Liam... You and Josh have become friends, right?" I asked uncertainly.

"Yes, we get along well," he replied quietly.

"And how is he? I'm asking because Louis, even though he would never admit it, feels terrible about the situation. You can see how much he misses him, but he refuses to talk to him and I honestly understand and I also agree with him, what Josh did is terrible. But I can't see him like this, so maybe we could try to at least make them talk" I explained. Liam listened carefully to my words, then nodded seriously.

"Yes, I totally understand. Josh isn't very well either, only that unlike Louis, he doesn't try to hide it at all. Sure, he's not crying on my shoulder, but he's told me his concern several times. He realises he's made a huge mistake, especially now that he and Niall aren't talking anymore. He's seriously scared at the prospect of Louis not wanting to talk to him anymore. He told me it's the first time they've had a serious fight. He had always tried to avoid feuds as much as possible, apologising to Louis even if it wasn't his fault, giving him space when he needed it, and putting up with him when maybe he was in bad times. He told me that Louis isn't always easy to handle." I could totally understand what he meant, I tried to act like that too, I just had a lot less patience than Josh and that's why Louis and I always ended up fighting.