Settling in

*ALLYSSA*

If the next ten months are going to be anything like this, then I'm going to be making easy money. My room is located in the opposite direction of Wiliams, and we barely see each other. We only go out once a week, and as soon as we get back, he disappears into his office, and I retreat to my bedroom.

What's even better is that our schedules don't collide. When he's home, I'm not, and when I'm off, he's working. When we're both home, I usually leave to go see my friends and spend the weekend or my days off with them.

I dont bother him and he doesn't bother me. The only thing I miss when I'm with my friends are his cats. They're so adorable and always keep me company, in this huge lonely house.

When I first laid eyes on them, my heart skipped a beat. Willow, in particular, caught my attention. She was curled up on the bed, and at first glance, I mistook her for a pillow. But as I approached her, she opened her eyes, revealing the most stunning pair of blue eyes I had ever seen on a cat. I couldn't resist picking her up and holding her close.

However, my moment of bliss was short-lived. Artemis appeared out of nowhere and bit my leg before darting out of the room. Now they grace me with their presence once in a while, just like their owner.

I am enjoying a delightful dinner with Leela, who is always such a pleasant companion. I couldn't resist consuming a glass of cold milk and the entire plate of scrumptious brownies we had baked together before I got to dinner.

"You're going to finish them all before Mr Henderson has had any," she says with a smile.

"He'll be alright," I reply

I highly doubt William has a sweet tooth, as he tends to be quite bitter in his demeanour.

My original plan for the evening was to meet up with Akira, but unfortunately, she had to cancel reasons unknown.

As it turned out, everyone else had already made plans or had work commitments for the weekend, leaving me with no other option but to dine with my dearest Leela this Friday night.

"You know he isn't eating and sleeping."

I look up, confused. "What do you mean?"

"He's always in his office or at work, and Brian told me he hasn't eaten since yesterday," Leela explains, her voice low and worried.

"I'll take care of it. Thanks for letting me know," I say, trying to sound reassuring.

I stroll down the hallway, the light is on in William's office. I approach the door. It's slightly ajar, I peek inside.

I know I shouldn't be there, but the thought of him not eating and sleeping is worrying . I don't care about him but as a doctor I feel it's my duty.

As I step inside, William is seated on the couch, a cigar in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other. He's dressed in a sleek black shirt, the sleeves rolled up to reveal his muscular forearms.

His long legs are spread out in front of him, in black trousers. The expensive watch on his wrist shimmers in the light, as does his wedding band. I catch a glimpse of his strong jawline, shadowed with just a hint of stubble, and my heart races .

"Why aren't you eating and sleeping ?" I ask, my voice tinged with worry.

"How does that concern you?" he counters, his voice smooth and seductive.

"Leela told me you're not," I say, trying to keep the conversation focused.

"I'm busy, darling" he replies. I roll my eyes.