Alexei

*ALLYSSA*

The flashlight in my eyes forces me to open them, and I find myself restrained to a chair with heavy chains. The bald tattooed man in front of me sings "Somewhere over the Rainbow" in a thick Russian accent.

Panic fills my chest as I look around and realize I'm in a dimly lit warehouse, surrounded by armed men. I feel weak and thirsty, my head splitting with pain, and the smell of urine and burnt tires fills the air.

"There you are, milaya devushka. I thought we lost you," he whispers, running a knife along my cheek. I start sobbing, pleading with him, "Please, let me go. You have the wrong person."

"Shh, milaya devushka. You need to save your energy. I'm going to have fun with you later tonight," He says, placing the knife on my lips and leering at me. I pull my face away from him in disgust.

I flinch when he grabs my hair, roughly. "Now, now, Alexei, that's no way to treat our guest," I hear a familiar voice say. Henry Henderson appears before me, and the Russian immediately releases me.

He pulls a chair in front of me and sits down, a sinister smile on his face. My shock at seeing Henry is mixed with fear and confusion.

"He killed my brother, now I'm going to kill his beloved little wife," Alexei responds, sending shivers down my spine.

Oh God

"Please, Henry, tell him there's been some misunderstanding," I plead, looking at Henry for help. However, he remains silent.

"You know, my dear, desperation leads people to extreme measures," Henry finally speaks, his tone cold and calculated. "For what it's worth, I am sorry about poisoning you in Italy, but you must understand it was for William, not you."

"I'm sure we can sort out whatever issue you have with me if we sit down and have a proper conversation," I begin to negotiate, my voice trembling with fear. "You don't have to do this."

He sighs and glances at his watch. "I'm afraid we're past that, dear. And my issue is not with you; it's with your husband. I won't concern you with all the details."

"And I'm sure your husband is fully aware that his wife is missing since it's been about a day since we took you, and we have about give or take one more day before he comes for you," he says, resting his hands on his knees.

"He's going to come in guns blazing, unknowing of the great numbers we have and after I kill him you're next."

"Why are you doing this?" I ask in confusion as the Russian stands up.

"It's a long story dear, but in conclusion, the only way my friends and I get what we want is if you and William die," he explains with a disappointed expression.

"Oh no, dear, don't cry. I'd be doing the world a favour," he says, wiping my tears with a handkerchief and then sitting back in his seat.

"William is involved with the world's most dangerous gang and has and is committing thousands of murders, some of which with his bare hands. He has kidnapped and tortured people multiple times."

"Has been corrupt on multiple occasions, ordered multiple home invasions, attempted and successfully intimidated the most powerful men in the world. He has committed fraud and continues to do so, blackmailing political figures without hesitation. You're married to a very dangerous man."

"Fun fact, he's been diagnosed as a psychopath, oh and also" Henry explains, counting all the other heinous deeds William has done on his fingers as if it were a mere checklist.

"I... I don't believe you," I manage to stammer, trying to cling to any thread of hope that this might be some cruel deception.

"Oh, but it's all true, milaya devushka," Alexei says as he sits back into his seat, his lips curling into a vicious smile.