False Alarm

*ALLYSSA*

"So what are you going to do?" I asked Hannah, trying to sound casual while sitting under the beautiful wisteria tree in William's blue sweater and a pair of brown Khakis.

William was having a meeting, and I felt it would be too loud to take the call inside. The mansion was large and modern, but when I got on the phone with my friends, they could hear me no matter where I was.

"I don't know, Ilyssa," she replied with a sigh.

"If anyone can figure this out, it's you, beloved. Just don't rush to give him an answer," I said, trying to be supportive.

"Why does he want to complicate things?" she said, sounding frustrated.

"Men are-" I was about to share some profound wisdom, but my sentence was interrupted by a sudden shriek.

I let out a horrid scream as I felt something crawl up my leg. I looked down, only to see a tiny squirrel jumping on me.

Phew, that was close.

But my relief was short-lived as I noticed a giant tarantula hanging from its web above me. Before I could react, the spider leapt at me, and I screamed like a banshee.

And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I saw something slithering away in the corner of my eye. Was that a snake? Oh, dear God, I didn't want to find out. I decide there and then to bolt back to the house.

"They're going to kill me ,William! Help .", I scream at the top of my lungs, today is my last day on earth.

I'm sure of it.

As I reached the giant glass sliding door, I found William with a gun in his hand, looking like a marine, with seven of his men behind him.

He looked so serious like he was leading a SWAT team. In a crisp black shirt and his usual black slacks and oxfords. How did he get here so quickly ? He made his way to me hurriedly, and I wrapped my hands around waist.

Why does everyone have so many guns and switchblades?

"Darling, what's wrong? Are you alright?" he asked, checking my face and then my hands. He looked so worried, and I felt guilty for causing such a commotion.

He motions two fingers forward and Oscar and Kain made their way to where I was running from, with guns and knives. William carried me into his arms and took me inside the house, into his office, and set me down on the plush couch.

"Get her a glass of water now," he ordered, and two of the men disappeared, while the other three men stayed with us. After I got my glass of water and took a sip, I looked up at him with a guilty face.

"Baby, talk to me," William rasped, his eyes filled with concern as he gazed at me.

"I saw a snake, squirrel, and giant spider, all at once, and I got scared. I'm sorry," I whispered in his ear, feeling embarrassed.

He tilted the corners of his lips upward, his eyes shining with amusement. "What will I do with you, Ms Henderson?" he chuckled. He leaned down and gently kissed my lips.

Oscar and Kain returned shortly after. "Report," William asked, his voice commanding yet playful as he looked at me with a small smile.

"No threats found, sir," he said, handing William my phone. "We only found a spider in the tree and a small house snake. Ms Henderson left her mobile device."

"Would you like us to search the grounds, sir?" one of the other men asked seriously.

Without hesitation, William replied, "Yes," not even bothering to glance at them as they clicked their guns and turned on their communication devices before departing.