Little world

*ONE MONTH LATER*

*WILLIAM*

"Sir, your next meeting is in thirty minutes. After that, I have Andrea on the phone regarding the new security systems launch in Dublin. Then you have a conference call, followed by a board meeting. After that, the development department would like to show you the new software. And then the mayor has been requesting to speak to you. Also, I'd like to know if you will be attending Mr Ferguson's wedding this weekend," Brian recites, going through the remaining events of the day.

I let out an exasperated sigh, glancing at the clock. It's already 3:00 PM, and Allyssa will be home from the research centre in about an hour. After losing her patient, it took time for her to return to the research centre and participate in grief therapy sessions with Akira. She insisted on sending flowers to Lili's funeral, and I provided financial support for the entire service and sent them a hefty check to further aid them. I should have taken Dr Stutton's life after he spoke my wife like that, I'm still heavily considering it.

He hurt her feelings and I didn't like that.

For the next thirty minutes, I find myself monitoring Allyssa's movements through the security cameras of the research centre - which I hacked.

Her focused expression and adorable mannerisms never fail to capture my attention. Just as I'm immersed in observing her, she sets down whatever she was holding and picks up her phone, a smile playing on her lips as she types away.

A few moments later, my phone buzzes with a notification. I immediately pick it up, but all I see is a meme she sent. I tilt my head sideways, trying to make sense of it, but it only leaves me more confused. I ask her for an explanation, but even after receiving it, the humour still eludes me.

Before I can delve further into the perplexing meme, my office doors slowly open, and Brian steps in, his voice interrupting my thoughts. "Sir, they're waiting for you."

Allyssa

I nod and rise from my seat, prepared to endure another mind-numbing session of meaningless meetings. Sitting through hours of debates and arguments with men twice my age over trivial matters is enough to drain the last bit of patience I possess.

Allyssa

The only reason I haven't fired them all is their occasional usefulness, or rather, their perceived usefulness. I humour them, silently enduring their debates while my mind drifts to the only thing worth caring about—my gorgeous wife. I navigate through one meeting after another, silently enduring the back-and-forth, I feel a growing impatience. These issues could easily be resolved within minutes, but they drag on for hours.

Allyssa

I sit in silence, suppressing the urge to fire them, however, in a rare moment of generosity, I decide to exercise restraint and only terminate the employment of three of them.

Finally, when the endless string of mind-numbing meetings comes to a close, I begrudgingly make my way to the development department. They present me with software that, to my astute eye, is riddled with vulnerabilities and inefficiencies.

Allyssa

Incompetence drips from their presentation, and without a moment's hesitation, I ruthlessly relieve the head of the department of his duties.

In his place, I appoint a woman, hoping she will bring a fresh perspective and prove herself worthy of the role. However, I give her a mere week to demonstrate her competence—I've seen far too many men in this position fail miserably, their bloated egos clouding their judgment and all the other departments run by women are efficient.