Final Breath

*WILLIAM*

I killed people for many reasons if they pissed me off, stole from me, irritated me, breathed too loud, chewed too loud, talked too much, disrespected me, and the newest addition to the list, flirted with my wife.

Eric Anderson, a 32-year-old male radiologist, leads a thrilling life in his penthouse alongside his two beloved dogs, Hawket and Milo. As an only child, he enjoys the company of his dogs and himself. In addition to his profession, Eric is an adrenaline junkie who seeks excitement in various adventures. His work schedule aligns with Allyssa's,  they share most of the same days.

"Sir, I have him in my line of sight. Should I take the shot?" Ian's voice crackles over the communication device. I had tasked Ian with breaking into Eric's house and orchestrating a scenario that would appear as a robbery gone wrong. Like Kain, Ian had flexible morals and I relied on him to carry out less legal activities.

From my home office, I hacked into the house's security cameras and monitored every move. As I am about to give the order, the doorbell rings. I quickly switch the camera view and see a woman standing with a small child. The child bears a resemblance to Eric, except for his hair.

"Sir, should I take the shot?" Ian repeats, his voice filled with anticipation.

"Hold your position," I respond, my thoughts racing. I watch as Eric approaches the door, his face lighting up as he opens it. The little boy leaps into his arms, and my chest tightens. I can't allow my impulsiveness to cost an innocent child his father's life.

"No, abort the mission," I instruct, breaking the silence that hangs in the air.

"Yes, sir," Ian acknowledges, his voice tinged with disappointment. As Allyssa's voice grows closer, I swiftly switch the camera feed to a display of proto-type models, concealing my previous surveillance activity.

"I haven't seen Artemis all day. Is she in here?" Allyssa's voice fills the room as she enters, her gaze searching for our cat. She bends over the couch, and I find my eyes instinctively drawn to her alluring curves. Clad in my sweatshirt, underwear, and socks, her curls elegantly gathered in a loose bun.

"I believe she's right over here, darling," I casually reply, my tongue grazing my lips as my gaze remains fixed on her ass. Allyssa rises from the couch and gracefully walks toward me. Seizing the opportunity, I pull her onto my lap, my hands eagerly exploring her exposed body.

"Works like a charm," I whisper into her ear, eliciting a delightful laugh from her lips. "Do you even know where she is?" she inquires, her voice tinged with curiosity.

"Of course I do, she's out in the garden," I respond, my lips finding their way to her neck, leaving a trail of passionate kisses, she tilts her head back giving me more access to her neck.

Her questioning gaze meets mine, and she probes further, "Prove it."

With a flick of a button, the surveillance cameras captured Artemis chasing a butterfly in the garden. Allyssa's eyes widen in surprise, captivated by my ingenuity.

"How did you do that?" she queries, her curiosity piqued. Sensing an opportunity to tease, I playfully withhold the answer.

"That's a secret, darling," I tease, relishing in her pouty expression.

"What are these?" she asks, picking up the three letters nearest to her.

"Bank statements," I reply, kissing her shoulder and inhaling her sweet scent. She gasps as her eyes land on the balance written on the first letter.

"Is this all your money?" She looks at the balance, which is a mere fifty-six billion. I pull her even closer to me, reminding myself to not tell her how much money I have, her response is one of unease by a mere fraction of it.