Lili

TW - DEATH

TWO MONTHS LATER

*ALLYSSA*

"Ava, you're fine," I reassure her. She called me a few hours ago after I left the research centre, claiming she was in immense pain and dying. Oscar drove me there as fast as he could, only to find her on the floor with a hand on her head, feigning dramatic distress.

"Remind me again what happened?" Akira asks, handing Ava an ice pack.

"It was tragic, guys. I was going up the stairs and stubbed my toe. I fell back on my ass and decided to call Allyssa to assess the severity of my injuries, Hannah to examine my teeth just to make sure they were fine, Akira to help me through the trauma, and Ambi to measure the damn staircase," Ava explains, wiping away actual tears.

She's a hypochondriac.

During my second year of med school, she called me claiming she was having a heart attack. I dropped everything and went to our dorm, only to find out she had heart palpitations from eating spicy food.

"Oh my God, Ava, your teeth are fine," Hannah reassures her.

"Just check one more time," Ava pleads, and Hannah sighs, obliging by running a flash through her pearly whites.

"They're perfectly fine, beloved," Hannah confirms, and Ava lets out a sigh of relief.

"Ava, the stairs are fine. I'm not even sure how you stubbed your toe," Ambi adds, returning from measuring the stairs as Ava had begged her to do, in an attempt to prevent future mishaps.

"Your toe and your butt are fine. Just keep the ice on for twenty minutes to relieve the pain and inflammation," I tell her.

"Am I going to die?" she asks, holding her hands to her chest in fear.

"No," we all say in unison, and she nods.

"Akira," she calls out. I kiss her forehead and get off the couch, making room for Akira to take a seat where I was sitting.

"Were you perhaps distracted while going up the stairs?" Akira asks, trying to contain her smile.

"Well, I was on my phone, looking at Henry Cavill," she begins. She's had the biggest crush on him, and I can't blame her.

"Ava!" we all groan.

"You guys don't understand. He's just so..." she begins to rant about him. I begin to scold her but something catches my attention amongst the cluster of newspapers laid out on the coffee table, I tune all my friends out because according to the press, William and I's marriage is in jeopardy. I pick up the newspaper on the coffee table in disbelief and regret it laying my eyes on it .

Where are they getting this misinformation from? Who on earth am I supposedly having an affair with? I hope no one believes this

The only accurate thing in all of this is that William and I did spend the weekend in the Cayman Islands after his close friends birthday not William's .