Marital Bliss

*HENRY*

*11 YEARS AGO*

As Thomas handed me a glass of whiskey, he asked me with a pained expression, "What am I going to do, brother?"

I knew what he was going to say before he even said it. He was worried about, William, taking his name and status for granted, and it was causing him great distress.

"It's William," he said, finally. "He's taking everything for granted. I have worked hard to build this company, but he doesn't seem to care about anything except his own pleasure."

Diana chimed in, her voice filled with frustration. "And don't even get me started on his spending habits. He's blowing through money like it's nothing."

I could sense the tension and fear in their voices. It was clear that they had high expectations for their son, but he was falling short. And I knew why. William was a spoiled, entitled brat who had no real interest in the company, he didn't know what to do with it.

But there was more to it than that. As the uncle and the black sheep of the family, I knew that Thomas and Diana had never seen me as a threat to their legacy. They were never afraid that I would try to take over the company if William failed to step up and it fueled my hatred for them every day.

I didn't care about the company. I just wanted my share of the wealth. And I knew that if William failed to live up to his parent's expectations, I could easily manipulate the situation to my advantage.

"I'm sorry," I said, trying to offer some false comfort. "Have you tried talking to him about it?"

Thomas shook his head. "We've tried, but he just doesn't seem to listen. He's reckless and irresponsible, and it's only a matter of time before he does something that could harm the company."

Diana took a sip of her own whiskey, her face etched with concern. "Darling, We've spoiled him too much, I'm afraid. We should have been tougher on him from the beginning." He takes his wife's hand and kisses it gently.

I didn't say anything - I was here to collect my monthly cheque, and I didn't want to jeopardize that.

"I wish there was something I could do to help," I said, as Thomas pulled out his chequebook and began scribbling in it.

Thomas gave a small nod. "Thank you, Henry. We'll figure something out. We have to."

"I do have a suggestion- alter the will," I say nonchalantly.

"How so?" Thomas asks.

"Add conditions to it - tasks if you may,"

Diana asks, warily. "What are the tasks?"

"The tasks are as follows," I replied, counting them off on my fingers. "First, he must obtain degrees in business and computer science from Duke University in Europe. Second, he must replace me as CEO and chairman of the board of Henderson Security and run the company without external assistance from anyone."

"That's quite a tall order," Thomas said, looking sceptical.

"I know, but I have faith in him," I replied with a smile. "Third, he must acquire a net worth of at least 20 billion from an alternate source of income. And finally, the least achievable task on the whole list, he must find love, get married ."

"Wait, that last one is personal," Diana said, looking confused. "Why is it part of the inheritance stipulation?"

"It's just a small way of ensuring that he becomes a well-rounded person," I explained. "I want him to have everything in life, not just money and success."