49

I made a decision a long time ago to not go back to the life I used to live. It took a lot out of me to actually get past that and go clean and legit. And now I feel like I am being dragged back into the life that I worked so hard to leave behind.

Khanya told me who was behind the car being at MaGumede's house. That alone sent my heart racing. See I'm very over protective of the people I love. Some would say too overprotective. As much as everyone thinks my brother is the dangerous one, no one knows what I am capable off. Which works for me because when people underestimate you it's easier to hit them when they least expect it.

I got on a plane earlier today and flew to Joburg. I headed straight to Hyde Park. I hit the buzzer and the gate opened. I drove in and found everyone's cars parked outside. I got into the house and the guys were into the lounge having drinks. I poured myself a glass and sat down.

"I'm pretty sure you didnt come all the way from Durban to look at us. What's going on?" Philani asked.
"I need to take someone out."
"Let me guess, Paul Mashile?" Lindani said.
"The one and only. I need him taken out ASAP."
"We'll get one of our guys on it. I dont understand why you wont do it yourself. It's not like you aren't capable of doing it." Nate said.
"I know. But I dont want anything leading back to me. And I dont want Nomonde knowing this part of my life."
"Understandable. So how would you like it done?" Sizwe asked.
"As long as he suffers I'm good."
"Perfect.'' Sizwe said excitedly. This one loves inflicting pain.
"This little secret of yours, how long are you going to keep it from your loved ones? You cant hide it forever." Lindani said.
"My family knows all they need to know. My involvement in the cartel has to stay in the shadows."
"You being in the shadows actually works well for the cartel. No one ever expects you to pop up and do what you do. Mayne you're right. You do need to stay in the shadows." Philani said.

We took a few more drinks before we all went our separate ways. I drove to Melrose Arch to meet up with a jeweller. I found him at the restaurant waiting for me. I asked for a private table away from prying eyes. We went there and sat down.

"Mr Radebe, I was surprised to hear from you."
"I need my ring Wayne."
"Yes sir." He picked up his briefcase and placed it on the table. He took out a few small boxes and laid them out on the table. "So I have a couple of rings here for you to choose from. I know you said you wanted one with a huge ass diamond so these are the ones I got." He went on to describe each ring in detail, and I must admit I was impressed by all of them. But one caught my eye, I picked it up and looked at it. Its glow against the light made it more special. "That sir is a 750 White Gold Diamond, with 1.218 carats."
"Perfect. I'll take it."
"Are you sure? It's rather expensive."
"How much is it."
"R142 893.00." He said making it seem like it was a billion rands. I picked up another one and looked at it. "That is a 585 White Gold Diamond and Swarovski Crystal, 1.99 carats. And that is R308 036, 00."
"Good. I'll take both."
"I'm sorry?"
"I said I'll take both. Give me your banking details so I can transfer the money."

He wrote his details down on a piece of napkin and handed it over to me. I logged onto my banking app and transferred the money while he packaged the rings. I got the confirmation SMS that the money has gone through.

"You will courier the receipt and the certificates for the rings."
"Of course." He handed the rings over to me and packed up his own bags and left. I took the rings and put them in my pockets. I was getting ready to leave when I saw Paul in the corner of my eye having a meeting. A part of me wanted to confront him about what he did but I had to control myself. I decided to not pay any attention to him. But the devil works hard cause he sent his evil son over to test me.

"Its a bit early for you to be picking out rings don't you think?" He said pulling up a chair and sitting next to me.
"What do you want Paul?"
"Nothing much. I'm just surprised to see you meeting with Wayne. I take it you're ready to play step daddy with my daughter."