54

MY SISTERS KEEPER

FIFTY FOUR

If theres one thing Sbu doesnt play around with, it's his job. I sent him the names of the officers last night and by morning he had already texted me saying he has the information I need.

I left Nomonde a note saying I'm going to get breakfast. Although Kgomotso and Khanya are coming over later with the kids to see the apartment, I cant wait until they show up with food since Kgomotso said she'd take care of that. I dont know how she does but when we talk about a multitasking queen, it's her.

I got to the club and lucky for me the chef was already here prepping for the lunch crowd. This club has been opened for just a few months but it seems it now has its regulars. I asked the chef to make me a breakfast to go and he was more than happy to indulge me.

I went to the office and checked on the books while waiting for Sbu to show up. So far all seems to be well. But of course if Thulani taught me anything, it's to look beyond the surface. The books might look good but it doesnt mean they are. I'll just wait for a couple more months then do an audit.

Sbu showed up after a while. He came in with his trusted laptop and sat down.
"Do you think its safe to walk around with that laptop when all the crazy things we do are in there?"
"Relax. Even if anyone got a hold of this laptop they wont be able to get to anything. There are five passwords that are punched in in sequence and the sequence changes everyday, and if I dont punch in the sequence at a specific time, the laptop will self destruct and destroy any and everything in it, and if any some miracle they do get in, they will need my DNA strand to access any and every information." I shouldn't have asked.
"Ok ke steve jobs, what did you find?"
"Don't insult me. Steve Jobs cant do a tenth of what I do."
"Ok. My bad. So what did you find?"
"Well, the prison warden who was in charge when Nomonde first got to prison is now working for the department of justice, getting to him will be as easy as ABC, the rest of the officers and the current warden I also have their addresses, I've already sent out some guys to each of them, by the end of today they will all be under our watch, say the word and they will be meeting their maker before sunrise tomorrow."

Do I want them dead?  No. Death might just be an easy punishment for something that Nomonde has to live with for the rest of her life, and I'm sure she is not the only one they have done this to. So if I do this, I need to make sure they not only suffer but they remember why they are suffering.

"No, I don't want them dead. Watch them. Give me a few days and I'll know what to do to them."
"Okay, so I'll send you their information then."
"Thanks."
"Why am I scared on their behalf?" There was a knock on the door and the chef poked his head in. I told him to come in and he did with my breakfast in hand.
"So I made you some omelettes, sausages, mushrooms and some tomatoes."
"Thank you Calvin." He nodded his head and walked out. "Sbu, thank you, I need to go."

We got up and walked out together. We got into our cars and went our separate ways. I went past a garage and bought some juice, coffee, milk and sugar. I remembered that wr dont have cups in the house so I got some paper cups too. I got to the apartment and the balcony door was opened and Monde was standing outside. I left the breakfast on the counter and walked to the balcony. I wrapped my arms around her waist with my chin on her shoulder.

"You know its rude to leave a girl all alone in this big place." I chuckled a bit.
"Well, I had to get her breakfast." She turned around and looked up at me.
"I might just forgive you, so what did you get?"
"Omelettes, mushrooms, sausages and I got some juice too and coffee."
"Mhmm. Okay, I'll forgive you. Let's go eat."

We went inside and I was about to make coffee then I remembered we dont have a kettle.
"Baby, you need to furnish this house. We dont have a kettle." She laughed while taking out the food.
"That, Bhungane is what happens when you want to christine an empty house."
"Speaking of that, we need to get started before the others get here."