- 2: Let Me Be The One To -

You can take one look at him and realize that Izuku Midoriya isn't the luckiest of people. Born with no quirk, he doesn't really have anything else to fall back on when you count the fact that he's weak, not really attractive, and not liked by most people his age.

Though, he tries not to let that bother him. I mean, of course it does, but he just shoves it down. If he focuses on it, who knows what might happen.

So, he likes to focus on the positive things, even if there aren't many. He focuses on the things that seem so far away now.

He misses the times when he was just a kid, a little boy who had the whole world waiting for him. When it was just him and his childhood best friend.

He tends to zone out in those moments, deep in his thoughts and memories. Memories of sparkling red eyes and a determined grin. 

Memories of sunspots and sandcastles, superhero drawings and sleepovers.

He loves and hates these memories. He loves them because it's like going back in time, but hates it when he remembers that those moments, those memories, are only just in his head.

They aren't the present, and they aren't his life anymore. He might as well have been dreaming of someone else entirely.

But he misses it so much, misses him.

He can't help it.

He misses him so much that it hurts, he misses having sleepovers, talking about heroes, coming over to each other's houses, hanging out, just him.

And it hurts even more since Izuku just can't get him out of his head. Even with everything that's happened, Izuku still feels something for him, and it kills him.

He can never go back to those moments, no matter how much he wants to.

This fact is again drilled into his head when he feels his shoe slam into his gut. Izuku lets out a yell, his eyes widening and stinging with fresh tears. 

His tear ducts should be used to the strain, but he feels the stinging and burning pain even in there.

He tries to muffle his sounds of pain by gritting his teeth, but as he gets a fleeting look of him, he knows it's pointless.

Those beautiful red eyes look down at him with such a cold, sadistic look Izuku feels shivers wrack his body.

All those years ago, they used to be so close. They used to be best friends. And now look where he is, on the cold ground as him and his friends laugh.

Katsuki Bakugou, Kacchan, his ex-childhood friend, turned full time bully. He's too busy trying to keep from crying harder to notice anything else around him.

He shuts his eyes, trying to get himself far, far away from all of this. He doesn't want to be here.

He'd rather go back to the sandcastles and playgrounds in his mind, then be on the cold, hard concrete getting the life beat out of him.

One of kacchans friend's leers over his shoulder, saying something. Izuku can't really make it out, but he knows his mouth is moving. He is already zoned out, his eyes slightly glazed over as he shuts his eyes again.

Izuku curls into himself even more, just wanting to escape. He distantly feels snot running down his face, and he feels so gross. Maybe in a way, he deserves this.

Kacchans other friend walks past, getting closer. The crunch of his shoe's snap so clearly in Izuku's mind that he feels himself flinch, pulling himself into a tighter ball.

"How —----------- Midoriya? Hm?"

He doesn't know half of what this guy is saying. All of his words sound muffled, and Izuku panics. He knows this. He's supposed to answer.

If he doesn't answer, then it'll only get worse. But if he asks for him to repeat himself, he'd only get beat up for even longer. Thats counting on the chance that Izuku can even get anything out right now.

All these rapid thoughts are just making him panic even more, making him cry more. He feels red eyes staring at him, waiting.

He doesn't have time to think of anything to say. How is he supposed to reply to something he didn't even hear?

Damnit Izuku, think of something!-

Kacchan steps closer to him and slams his foot into Izuku's stomach again, making him clench up and let out a small scream.

Those red eyes glare down at him like he's nothing but an insect, putting even more pressure down. Izuku feels like his gut is about to burst, the pressure getting worse and worse.

Cold, red eyes glare down at him as he cries.

Izuku doesn't want to be here with this kacchan. He misses the little four-year-old kid who used to scold him but wipe away his tears anyway.

That kacchan will always be so beautiful to him.

"Well, Deku. Fucking answer the question."

As always, his words are crystal clear. Especially when he says that damn name. A constant reminder that Katsuki Bakugo isn't kacchan, he isn't Izuku's best friend and never will be.

Izuku opens him mouth to say something, anything. But he doesn't get a chance, because yet again, he's kicked so hard he feels himself move up the concrete.

"How-"

Izuku chokes out a scream, seeing that look with blurry vision.

"Are-"

At least he's looking at Izuku. Thats something positive right?

"You-"

He doesn't care what the reason is, if he's looking at Izuku, that's ok right?

His thoughts are interrupted by that specific taste of saliva, before vomit is shooting out of his mouth. He doesn't see where it lands, just focusing on trying to breath.

"Fucking-"

If he could, Izuku would laugh. Katsuki really does know how to make this whole beating thing last forever. The taste of vomit is still prominent in his mouth, making him feel even more sick.

"Feeling-?!"

All of Katsuki's strength is put into it. Izuku can tell from the amount of pain he's in and the fact that he lurches back even more.

Izuku can't even scream, practically shaking. He's trying to get air into his lungs, trying to keep his blurry and hazy vision focused.

"I..."

Izuku is surprised that he can even get a word out. Though it doesn't seem to be good enough, because Katsuki lifts his boot again threateningly.

Izuku gets the message and clenches his eyes shut, trying to get all of his strength. He yells, trying his best.

"I feel good!"

Instantly, he hears laughing and he feels his face grow warmer in shame. Damnit.

It gets even worse when Katsuki just stares at him, eyes scanning over his body. Izuku knows what he's thinking. He can feel it.

At least he's looking at him... Right?

The other two say a couple of words, but he cant really focus with the amount of pain he's in right now. He feels something land on his cheek, making him flinch.

Spit.

"Be grateful i didn't fucking kill you."

Izuku shudders, just laying there. After a couple of minutes, he's sure they left already. He just lays there for a while, dreaming.

He thinks of the things he normally does.

Even though it hurts like hell, even though he just wants to disappear, even though he would give anything to have this pain stop,

He still wants to be the one to see his smile again.