- 60: Baby Im So Sorry -

They are now in their last year of middle school. The last chance for him to get all of his shit together. The final year before his UA application has to go in and the first step to determining his future to becoming a hero. 

To say Katsuki is stressed the fuck out is an understatement. He knows that he's doing all that he can, but his brain just wants to do more. He's aced all of his classes all through grade school, not accepting anything but As.

He's good at sports and extracurricular activities, he's done all of the community work that would look good on his application, and anything else he could have thought of. He even has all of his teacher recommendations in order. 

He is going to continue to do more, push himself all the way past the end goal and fucking excel because that's the kind of person he is. He isn't the type to half ass shit, especially something like this. He's just glad that Deku understands that. 

The nerd has been nothing but supportive of Katsuki doing all of this shit, stopping by to drop off some food or baked goods, energy drinks or health supplements, anything Katsuki could need. But he can tell. 

He can tell that Deku is slightly more into his head. It's clear as fucking day, the way his eyes darken slightly and his expression falls. Being a hero has been his dream, their dream since they were kids. The both of them know that it would never happen. 

That doesn't mean it doesn't suck ass any less. Though that darkness and doubt had stopped showing up on Deku's face a while ago. When Katsuki found out the reason, it filled him with an even greater sense of responsibility. 

Deku was going to try and get into the hero support course. 

And Katsuki would be there, right beside him. 

With everything going on, he hasn't had much time to hang out with Deku. Thats why he always walks him to school, waking up early like usual but going out earlier so that he could swing by his house to pick him up. 

This was good for the both of them since they both got to see each other. If it wasn't good for Deku, it was sure as hell amazing for him. He walks to the front of the Midoriya household and knocks on the door. 

He doesn't have to wait long before Deku is opening the door, his yellow backpack over his shoulders and a big smile on his freckled face. Seeing that adorable shit every morning is a good pick me up. 

"Good morning kacchan!" 

"Morning nerd." 

Deku shuts the door, and they begin walking down the sidewalk. What's even better is that Deku is more comfortable with him. 

"Are you still busy today kacchan?"

"Yeah, i have to up my training and get some of that shit done for my UA application." 

When he reaches for Deku's hand, holding it in his own, he has to pretend that this is normal friend shit. 

That everyone does this with people their close to, and maybe some do, but Katsuki sure as hell doesn't. He can imagine holding hands with anyone else besides Deku, but he doesn't need to fucking know that. 

He isn't trying to hide it from anyone else though, because why the hell would he care what a couple of extras think? So he holds Deku's hand in the hallways and stands close to him, even when their sitting down with other extras. 

He walks Deku to their homeroom class and stops at the door. Deku looks at him, still holding his hand. There are people talking loudly and laughing, all going to their classes or hanging around in the hall. He looks back at Deku. 

"I'm going to the teacher's room again, so i won't be around first period. You go in though nerd, I'll see you soon." 

Deku nods, stepping halfway through the door and looks back at him. He sees someone look over at the door at the two of them. They grin at him and wiggle their eyebrows. Katsuki glares at him, and the extra quickly turns around, walking away from his line of sight.  

"Yeah, I'll see you soon kacchan, good luck!" 

He lets go of his hand reluctantly, walking away from the door and going down the hall. People are rushing to their classes before the first bell, running or walking as quickly as they possibly can. He goes past them all, right into the teacher's office.

He opens the door and goes inside, his energy already draining just by going inside. There are teachers at their desks, covered in papers and pens, teachers hunched and writing furiously. He spots one of the teachers that have been talking to him a lot about all of the application stuff. 

He's hunched over his desk and when he spots him, the teacher stands up quickly walks over to him, a big false smile on his face. He can tell because his lips are overly forced up, leaving wrinkles and lines around them. 

"Bakugou, so happy to see you!" 

He goes over to him and shakes his hand with both of his, Katsuki holding back his grimace. He knows this old man's game. He wants to have credit as one of the ones who 'helped' him to success. 

Then come back some odd years later to claim some fucked up due that he owns him or sell some half assed story to see his downfall. He takes his hand and moves it away from him, not even trying to be discreet as he wipes it on his pants. 

"Whatever." 

The teacher does not say anything, just having that fake smile on his face. He puts his hands down and goes back to his desk, Katsuki following. He would probably be the only one from this school to graduate and go to UA, except for Deku, but they don't give a shit about that.

He follows him, just wanting to get this shit over with.