- 30: Are You Gonna Hurt Me? -

He's putting the dirty plates together so that he could take them to the sink and clean them up.  He's about to pick up the stack of dirty dishes when his old hag grabs them from him. 

"Hey what the fu-" 

She looks at him and nods her head behind him. He glares at her but turns to look in the direction she nodded to. Aunt inko had already left and now Deku is putting on his shoes. His old hag nudges him towards the nerd, and he gets the hint. 

He goes over and stands next to him. He can already feel his parent's eyes on him as they wait expectantly. Deku smiles up at him and stands, a nervous smile on his face. But it isn't like it was before, the kind of nervous smile that lets you know he definitely wants to leave. 

This one is a thousand times better. 

"Today was really fun. I'll see you later kacchan." 

It's stupid, but it's nice to know that Deku wasn't the only one who had fun. Of course, he isn't going to outright say that to him. It's not like it really matters if he says anything because Deku steps closer to him and wraps his arms around him. 

Now with him so close, Katsuki refrains from putting his face in his hair. Instead, he just pats his back. It's an ok hug, he doesn't want to ruin it by being a fucking pervert again. Especially with how this is the first hug Deku has given him willingly in years. 

"Whatever, like i care nerd." 

Happiness practically radiates around Deku when he pulls away, his green eyes bright and warm. Its then he realizes that he hasn't seen Deku look at him like that in so long. He wants to keep it for the rest of their lives, that warm feeling in his chest. 

Deku reaches for the doorknob and Katsuki's heart quickens slightly. 

"Hold it Deku." 

Deku turns back to look at him, and he looks away. 

Why the hell does he feel so embarrassed? It's not like he's asking for anything weird so why the hell is he freaking out? He prays that his face isn't letting anything slip. 

"Lets... Do something later." 

Oh, motherfucker why did he say it like that? Damnit, he sounded so fucking lame! Deku isn't saying anything and it's pissing him off because it's making him feel embarrassed. He shouldn't have said anything, he should have just let Deku go out the door. 

He looks back at Deku and the little bastard is grinning at him. It makes him feel less pissed for some reason. 

"Yeah, I'll text you when i get home." 

He almost dies then and there. 

Holy shit. 

Texting? Thats a whole new fucking playing field. He was just expecting Deku to plan it all right now, but texting each other? Thats gotta be a good thing, right? Holy shit, right when he gets home too? Thats gotta mean he wants to talk to him, right? 

Holy 

Shit 

He nods. 

"Sure."

He watches as Deku leaves and the door shuts behind him. He stands there for a second, staring at the door, making sure Deku is definitely gone. Once he's sure, he turns around, walks to the kitchen, and puts his hands up. 

His parents are looking at him excitedly. They both run up to him. Masaru high fives him and Mitsuki shakes him by the shoulders. 

"Oh, my fucking god Katsuki! I'm so fucking proud right now you have no idea!" 

Masaru joins in shaking him excitedly, a big grin on his face. 

"Texting is a very good sign, Katsuki! Good job!" 

"Did you see the look on his adorable little face!? Ahhh!!" 

"We knew you could do it!" 

His heart soars and for some reason he feels like he's floating or some shit. He grins as he's being shook. 

"Yeah, yeah i know. I'm the fucking best." 

Mitsuki cheers and both of his parents end up chanting his name excitedly. 

"Katsuki! Katsuki! Katsuki!" 

He rolls his eyes, but the grin is still on his face. 

"What are you going to say to him?" 

Masaru nods, pushing up his glasses, looking very serious. 

"Text first. You're on a roll right now, he's bound to respond positively." 

Mitsuki nods next to him, still holding Katsuki's shoulders. 

"Yeah, say 'hey Izuku lets go on a d-'" 

"Don't say that!" 

Mitsuki glances at her husband and he shakes his head. 

"Something like this needs to be taken slow. We've been waiting years for this honey, don't you think it would be much more rewarding if we watch it bloom from rekindled friendship to," 

He trails off, and Mitsuki gets it. She leans into her husband, a big smile on her face. 

"Of course, hon! Your totally right!" 

Katsuki's grin has fallen from his face, and he furrows his brows. 

"What the hell am i going to say? I can't text now can i? No because then he's gonna think I'm fucking desperate or some shit..." 

Mitsuki, Masaru and Katsuki stand there in the kitchen together, taking a moment to think about what to say.

until it's all interrupted by Katsuki's phone buzzing. 

they all jump, and he takes it out of his pocket, only to see a text from Deku. 

'I'm home now kacchan!' 

Katsuki shows the phone to his parents, and they scream. 

"Hell yeah!" 

Katsuki's heart is pounding in excitement as he's handed the phone back. 

'Ok.' 

'When do you want to hang out nerd.' 

Mitsuki nods, 

"Nice nice. Tomorrow. But doing what...?" 

Katsuki thinks for a second. 

"There's this rerun of an all might movie me and d- Izuku used to watch when we were little, but it's supposed to be totally fucking packed, i doubt there's gonna be shit open so-" 

"I already booked the tickets." 

Katsuki looks at his dad in surprise, and his old man puts his phone away. 

"It's the least i could do Katsuki." 

He stares at him. He wouldn't have anyone else for a dad. 

Mitsuki grins at her husband and hugs him, giving him a kiss on the cheek. She looks at Katsuki. 

"Scram kid. I gotta talk to your dad." 

 Masaru's face turns red and Mitsuki gives him a mischievous grin and Katsuki is already walking to his room to talk to Deku. 

"Fucking gross." 

"You'll understand when your older!!" 

He could not have slammed his door any harder.